New Royal Caribbean vaccination policy...

jules815

As I've said in the many other threads dealing with this same topic:

While the cruise lines are yet developing their formal plans to deal with the pandemic in time for the big rollout of the summer and fall cruise schedules details about who's doing will be spotty aas each individual company dots their t's and crosses their i's.

In my opinion, the realization that it is impossible to verify who has been vaccinated without some kind of documentation, and the best they can achieve is a negative test and an absence of symptoms, is going to lead the companies to conclude that to proceed without some sort of a standardized vaccine passport will be untenable. 

9 hours ago, jules815 said:
9 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Any cruise line. If the port is a Florida port. Not allowed to test or ask for proof of vaccination.

Of course they can.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

It's a bit like watching a barking dog running out to the end of his chain when he suddenly realizes his authority on the block didn't extend quite as far as he imagined it did.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

It's a bit like watching a barking dog running out to the end of his chain when he suddenly realizes his authority on the block didn't extend quite as far as he imagined it did.

I agree.

I expect my Meravigilia Miami cruise to depart at the end of July with 100% vaccinated crew (as per MSC's announcement of crew vaccinations) and 95%, if not 100%, passenger vaccinations.

• Like 5