Travel Insurance Without Vaccination

23 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

But where do you draw the line?  Some cannot for religious and philosophical reasons.  Who is to be the judge?  And who verifies if the medical conditions for not being vaccinated are justified?  Will be difficult to sort out IMO. 

Their choice means there will be consequences. I would expect there will be countries, at least in the short term, will not allow people to enter without the vaccine. I also don't think cruise companies and countries will accept medical exemptions, as traveling is optional. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Their choice means there will be consequences. I would expect there will be countries, at least in the short term, will not allow people to enter without the vaccine. I also don't think cruise companies and countries will accept medical exemptions, as traveling is optional. 

I hope you're right.  It was posted somewhere that Richard Fain said he's allowing exemptions for religious reasons but not sure that will be the case since everything seems to be in flux on a daily basis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I hope you're right.  It was posted somewhere that Richard Fain said he's allowing exemptions for religious reasons but not sure that will be the case since everything seems to be in flux on a daily basis. 

In Mr. Fain's last video he specifically mentioned medical exemptions.  Not sure about religious objections.

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

In Mr. Fain's last video he specifically mentioned medical exemptions.  Not sure about religious objections.

It was posted here -- don't know how accurate it is though. 

"For passengers, Fain said, “the first alternative structure is where virtually all the guests are vaccinated. There will be some exceptions, such as people who can’t get the shot for medical reasons or religious reasons, smaller children also can’t get the shot today. However, under any scenario, everybody who’s eligible for the vaccine will be vaccinated and we will limit the number of people who can’t so that 95% or more of the guests will be vaccinated. We expect the Celebrity and Silverseas will both follow this structure.”

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-ceo-provides-update-on-resuming-us-cruises/51063

• Thanks 1

Talking about reasons for getting full travel insurance -- this couple thought their credit card insurance covered travel interruption -- it did not.  Sad story. 

"Before the coronavirus shut down the entire cruise industry, Re was in Italy about to enjoy a Mediterranean voyage. She says a thief assaulted her as she prepared to board Royal Caribbean’s Rhapsody of the Seas in Venice. He stole her passport and cash — leaving her with no identification to take the trip. So why won’t her travel insurance cover the missed cruise?"

https://www.elliott.org/cruises/missed-cruise-stolen-passport-travel-insurance-problem/