Are they canceling 2021 Alaskan cruises on the Bliss?

Kimbahh

21 minutes ago, robcolem said:

Anyone get a NCL 10% off coupon?  One shows up for me as one of the deposit payment methods. Noticed it tonight and wondered if its able to be used with two prepaid deposits.

Yep. I don’t know where mine came from, but I called and the rep was able to stack the 10% and both cruisenext deposits. This was yesterday.

7 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

Yep. I don’t know where mine came from, but I called and the rep was able to stack the 10% and both cruisenext deposits. This was yesterday.

Great, I just got of the phone too with an NCL rep and they were able to stack two cruisenext deposits with the 10% off.  

• Like 1

The 10% off, for me at least, was only valid from 5/25/2021 to 5/31/2021 - it might have been 5/30/2021, I already forgot but I know it was a short time.

I did not have a prior booking that NCL canceled.  I had one that I canceled before NCL canceled it but I did not get any future discount.

I have not had a cruise booked with NCL since 2019.

In the run up to the pandemic, I was about to jump on some of Virgin Voyages test cruises in late March, 2020. (Feel so bad for that cruise line, I was so excited.) 

But after that canceled March 2020 cruise, it was quite obvious to me which way the wind was blowing, and I hadn’t even tried a mock booking until … I guess the last few weeks. (There was no way I was getting on a ship until I was vaccinated and the ship had vaccine requirements. I do admire the fortitude of people who have optimistically been “walking” their cruises from month to month throughout the whole pandemic, but that was never going to be me.)

I’m only at “Gold” in Latitudes.

In short, no idea why I got the coupon. I think it was good through June.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robcolem said:

Anyone get a NCL 10% off coupon?  One shows up for me as one of the deposit payment methods. Noticed it tonight and wondered if its able to be used with two prepaid deposits.

Yes and Yes. Got one for unknown reasons and no e-mail notification. I figured it was for my insightful and clever/witty CC posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I received two 10% credits for cancelled cruises, but after applying one the other vanished.  I was told that it's strictly a one time thing.  I just checked my account and there's nothing new there.  Fortunately, I used my one and only on a POA cruise, which is a bit more expensive than the other cruises on my radar.

4 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Since we all got updated itineraries just yesterday, I highly doubt that NCL is now cancelling the Bliss for Alaska this fall.

Ok, I'm beyond confused. I'm booked on the Bliss leaving Seattle on August 28th of this year. I didn't get an email about an itinerary change. 

Just logged into my account though, and the change is visible. Grrrrr. 

image.thumb.png.3702e0c7adc9709c6da682bb43f5f646.png

35 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Ok, just took a closer look and I'm even more confused. The days on the left in the table don't match the days up top.... Up top it says Monday is Ketchikan, but in the table Monday is Icy Straight Point and Ketchikan is Thursday. Oi vey

5 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Ok, just took a closer look and I'm even more confused. The days on the left in the table don't match the days up top.... Up top it says Monday is Ketchikan, but in the table Monday is Icy Straight Point and Ketchikan is Thursday. Oi vey

Well, let's face it, NCL has some great cruises but their website has never really "wowed" us.  Right??

43 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Ok, I'm beyond confused. I'm booked on the Bliss leaving Seattle on August 28th of this year. I didn't get an email about an itinerary change. 

Just logged into my account though, and the change is visible. Grrrrr. 

It looks like you never really depart three ports.  What is this, Hotel California??

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

It looks like you never really depart three ports.  What is this, Hotel California??

Thanks for the LOL @BermudaBound2014.  I can now see that you appreciate classic music.  Sorry about that Partridge Family comment.  That was below the belt.  You just might have "the stuff" to join the pack.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaptainWoody said:

Thanks for the LOL @BermudaBound2014.  I can now see that you appreciate classic music.  Sorry about that Partridge Family comment.  That was below the belt.  You just might have "the stuff" to join the pack.

Dude- there is little doubt I’ve got stuff :). 

Ps- sorry to the op for going off topic- i couldn’t help myself and needed a smile 🙂

Edited by BermudaBound2014

17 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Dude- there is little doubt I’ve got stuff :). 

Ps- sorry to the op for going off topic- i couldn’t help myself and needed a smile 🙂

You may soon be visited by the ghost of a rat spirit past.....

Always bonus points for use of the word "Dude."  Brought back by Stephen Tyler, hasn't left us since!

Edited by CaptainWoody

Rats!!  Somebody hijacked the thread!!  Back on topic... I'm really looking forward to my October Bliss sailing.  Maybe I'll bring some good music....

Some folks will just never understand "fun."

Edited by CaptainWoody