Room Service on MSC - confused!

marielco

My husband and I are booked on MSC later this year.  Having never sailed on MSC before I have been trying to learn as much as possible before I go.

We will be in a Fantastica balcony and have the Premium drinks package (not the plus).  I know there is a delivery charge for room service as well as an item charge.

What I cannot make out is whether being Fantastica takes away the deliver and items charges or just the delivery charge? 

If only the delivery charge is waived what are the item charges like?

Is there a cost for everything?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Marie

18 minutes ago, marielco said:

My husband and I are booked on MSC later this year.  Having never sailed on MSC before I have been trying to learn as much as possible before I go.

We will be in a Fantastica balcony and have the Premium drinks package (not the plus).  I know there is a delivery charge for room service as well as an item charge.

What I cannot make out is whether being Fantastica takes away the deliver and items charges or just the delivery charge? 

If only the delivery charge is waived what are the item charges like?

Is there a cost for everything?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Marie

We’re on board the Virtuosa now. We have a Fantastica balcony, no delivery charges for room service, however, all items ordered have to be paid for. When we return to the cabin later (sunbathing by the pool in the glorious sunshine atm) I’ll post a pic of the room service menu with prices.

Fantastica: When you order room service you pay nothing for delivery and just pay for any food or drinks delivered.

But you are in a Fantastica cabin and have the Premium Plus beverage package, you don't pay a delivery charge for the food, (except for Pizzas )

0D3F943A-90A8-4210-9FC5-144C9D6C497E.jpeg

B8940B02-0486-420F-8899-61F62A48620F.jpeg

• Like 1

Fantastica experience and above do not pay the delivery charge.  Only a few continental breakfast items are free. 

ETA: Posted at the same time, have the free continental breakfast items disappeared?

a.thumb.jpg.b3b53ce8a5e365dd1ce677109543ceb2.jpg

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CaroleC said:

We’re on board the Virtuosa now. We have a Fantastica balcony, no delivery charges for room service, however, all items ordered have to be paid for. When we return to the cabin later (sunbathing by the pool in the glorious sunshine atm) I’ll post a pic of the room service menu with prices.

Full room service menu

QR_AA_ROOM-SERVICE_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1622046570.pdf

• Like 1

We usually book either Fantastica or Aurea and have the PP drink package, while Bella doesn't qualify for free delivery as standard does that get waived if someone has the PP drink package ? Anyone been there, done that.

Many, many thanks to all for the answers to my questions and for the pictures of the menus.  

Really looking forward to our first cruise with MSC.  It was to be last year but like so many we had to postpone to this September.  Fingers crossed Seashore begins cruising as planned.  

• Like 1