CWC Extended

7 minutes ago, BSocial said:

thank you so much!  Definitely helped me make up my mind. 

This is from the FAQ’s

19. Assuming my client opts for a Future Cruise Credit, what is the redemption deadline?
Cruise with Confidence FCCs must be booked/redeemed by April 30, 2022 (or 12 months from the cancellation date, whichever is further out) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is from the FAQ’s

19. Assuming my client opts for a Future Cruise Credit, what is the redemption deadline?
Cruise with Confidence FCCs must be booked/redeemed by April 30, 2022 (or 12 months from the cancellation date, whichever is further out) 

thats good.  What I was more concerned about was the Sail by date - redeemed by April 30, 2022 good, as long as not restricted to sail by September 2022.   If in fact it would be sail by 12 months from a February Cancel date, 

edited:

the website still shows once applied, have to sail by September 30, 2022.     That won’t work after all. I misunderstood. 

Edited by BSocial
Added info

35 minutes ago, BSocial said:

thank you so much!  Definitely helped me make up my mind. 

It wouldn't hurt to get on phone for a few minutes and speak to a RCL representative before you make any financial commitments.

Edited by coldflame
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Except, they might give you bad info.

Then you call again, get an agent who explains it right and then makes a notation on your booking. Also ask them to send out a document with this note on the confirmation.

Then you wait a couple weeks later, call again and give the agent your confirmation number and ask that person to read off all the notes in your booking,  and again ask for a copy of it.

Then you are set, should be no issues after that.

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Also ask them to send out a document with this note on the confirmation

Goo$ luck with getting that.  While they may make notes on your booking I have yet to see anything sent in writing to a customer or a travel agent.

All. the information is listed on their website for TA’s (loyal to you always) that anyone can access.  I quoted the policy in one of my posts earlier in the thread so it’s not in question  

I have dealt with many agents over the course of the past year who were not up yo date on current policies however being able to refer to the available documents and having them check with a supervisor has always resulted into them following their posted guidelines. 

12 hours ago, logan25 said:

Until they extend the sail by date, not impressed.

Why would they need too? The purpose is to give flexibility now that sailings are happening this summer.

Hopefully things will be fairly normal later this year and for sure by April 2022....

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Except, they might give you bad info.

So can random people on the internet based on their interpretation of a rule. I'll take my chances from a rep when it comes to these things. Take note of rep name and record time/date. If things turn out to not be true, you have a reference.

2 minutes ago, coldflame said:

So can random people on the internet based on their interpretation of a rule.

It has been shown with many different issues, that CC crowdsourced info is usually "better" than RCI rep info, because it's based on actual experience vs a script reading bot CSR. Having a rep name won't help much when they give you bad info, you make a decision based upon that info which turns out to be incorrect and then try to have RCI fix it. It is true that most of the time the CSR gets it right, but don't discount the CC info.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It has been shown with many different issues, that CC crowdsourced info is usually "better" than RCI rep info, because it's based on actual experience vs a script reading bot CSR. Having a rep name won't help much when they give you bad info, you make a decision based upon that info which turns out to be incorrect and then try to have RCI fix it. It is true that most of the time the CSR gets it right, but don't discount the CC info.

I record all my conversations with CSRs, not just at Royal. 

A couple times I have had to use this information. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising

Can you use CWC twice on the same Confirmation #..........meaning say you had a cruise in November 2020...............you then switched it to July 2021 and now you want to move it again? Is there a change fee involved or is it still another free move?

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can you use CWC twice on the same Confirmation #..........meaning say you had a cruise in November 2020...............you then switched it to July 2021 and now you want to move it again? Is there a change fee involved or is it still another free move?

Yes. No fee.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Still covered under CWC 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...