Should I stay or should I go?

Should I stay or should I go?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Should I stay or should I go?

• Cash out and run
    • Burn up credits on a single sailing and get out ASAP
    • Continue sailing with NCL

On 5/27/2021 at 12:45 AM, HBCcruiser said:

That was my plan until I was told that my 10%s and FCCs run out December 2022! I put in a request to NCL Passenger relations to extend all FCC and Coupons to December 2023. I’ll let you know what they say…supposedly in 30 days…🙄

Yesterday i gave them a little push back regarding our 6 cruise next certificates expiring, our FCC's and little feedback on how they intend to keep loyal customer business ( we are not loyal anymore) The guest relations person took that as an excuse to file a refund from us and deactivate our FCC's and bonus, but we still keep our 10% off LOL...I guess they are not liking push back or feedback of any kind. I will categorically say, we did not request a refund we are perfectly fine with the FCC's until we are ready to use them we are just concerned about the expiration dates on  the fCC's and cruise certificates. I had to call this morning and have a conversation with someone on the phone why that person took it upon herself to file a refund request from us, she did not have an answer for that. She said i requested it LOL, i told her to read the email i sent so she would realize i did not make a request for a refund. She said i should get an email within the next week that the case has been closed and that we will keep our FCC's however if we do get a refund then c'est la vie and we will take that as a sign to go somewhere else....

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 12:45 AM, HBCcruiser said:

That was my plan until I was told that my 10%s and FCCs run out December 2022! I put in a request to NCL Passenger relations to extend all FCC and Coupons to December 2023. I’ll let you know what they say…supposedly in 30 days…🙄

duplicate

Edited by spanishguy1970

6 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Yesterday i gave them a little push back regarding our 6 cruise next certificates expiring, our FCC's and little feedback on how they intend to keep loyal customer business ( we are not loyal anymore) The guest relations person took that as an excuse to file a refund from us and deactivate our FCC's and bonus, but we still keep our 10% off LOL...I guess they are not liking push back or feedback of any kind. I will categorically say, we did not request a refund we are perfectly fine with the FCC's until we are ready to use them we are just concerned about the expiration dates on  the fCC's and cruise certificates. I had to call this morning and have a conversation with someone on the phone why that person took it upon herself to file a refund request from us, she did not have an answer for that. She said i requested it LOL, i told her to read the email i sent so she would realize i did not make a request for a refund. She said i should get an email within the next week that the case has been closed and that we will keep our FCC's however if we do get a refund then c'est la vie and we will take that as a sign to go somewhere else....

Wow. 😳. That is nuts. I agree with you. If the same happens to us I will cancel all of my booked NCL cruises and book elsewhere. I have received great treatment from Princess regarding FCCs.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 8:02 PM, CaptainWoody said:

Why are you "rolling the dice" just to book a cruise.  It takes about five minutes and you will get your $250 back quickly if you change your mind.  Why wait until ships are sailing, promos are vanishing and prices are skyrocketing?  What on earth do you have to lose?

Sorry Cptn Woody, but we don't share the same approach to booking cruises.

Booking isn't $250, our deposits cost us $1500.  

I am still working, until I retire at the end of the year, and have to book according to my work schedule.

We had an Alaskan cruise booked for September 2020, and a Bermuda booked for April 2021.  Both were totally refunded, by choice, and I had no FCC, or money loaned to NCL until I booked the September 2022 cruise referenced in my post.

NCL had $3000 of my money.  So your comment of "What on earth do you have to lose" seems a bit critical, considering circumstances you have no knowledge of.  

As said before, I can't wait to cruise again, but many things have happened in the past 16 months I would have never imagined.  Many long standing businesses didn't survive the pandemic.  We still have not seen NCL "survive" the pandemic.  We don't know what kind of shape the ships are in, nor whether they will be able to staff the ships in the way we are accustomed to.

Thank you for your opinion on my post.  Have a wonderful holiday.

I pray that the cruise I booked will sail.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, JamieLogical said:

I am definitely NOT getting my hopes up AT ALL for this one though. Between the CDC and FL's weird vaccine rules, a lot can go wrong between now and September.

Good Luck!  

We use to take at least one 3-day weekend cruise on the Sky every year. You can “show face” at work on Friday morning and hop an early flight home and be back at work on Monday afternoon. 

But,,,, we have not been on her since dry dock,,, so we don’t k is what she looks like without all of the Hawaiian trimmings.