Updated CDC guidance

Eli_6

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think the CDC's arguments are stronger - No cruise line joined Florida's lawsuit (lacks standing) and Florida unreasonably delayed bringing the suit (waited over a year).

No need for mediation if the suit lacks standing.  

• Like 1

Is it really a "requirement" to show proof of vaccination if you have the choice not to show and be lumped into the 5% unvaccinated pile?  Then they just offer you the next cruise whose 5% is not full yet, like January 2025.

To me, it's not a requirement if they are giving you the option.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

Is it really a "requirement" to show proof of vaccination if you have the choice not to show and be lumped into the 5% unvaccinated pile?  Then they just offer you the next cruise whose 5% is not full yet, like January 2025.

To me, it's not a requirement if they are giving you the option.

Pretty sure that would fall into the denial of service category, legally. But IANAL.

12 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

Not if their following the guidance from the CDC or complying with the immigration requirements of one of the ports.

I don't think the law goes into effect until July 1. 

16 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

Apparently that law doesn't have jurisdiction over cruising as it appears Celebrity was told that. As was stated by others, "FL has no jurisdiction over international travel or areas under Federal control or jurisdiction".

I just wish there was a definitive answer on where Ports lie in the jurisdiction debate cause one poster says Federal and the next one says State???? 

It would be crazy to tell a person they couldn't dine in your restaurant unless they had a vaccine not FDA approved.  A person has the right to decide what is injected into their body and should not be discriminated against because of it.  I read a report that stated people who had mild cases of covid may have lifetime immunity.  Anyway, I am against discrimination of any kind and think that a smart business owner would not discriminate based on the health, vaccination status, weight, color, religion, sex, race, ect.    If someone has a business that serves the public, they would do well to treat people equally.  Discrimination is not a right of a business owner serving the public.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

At the rate mask mandates are falling around the country, and now include Universal Studios (with Disney surely close behind) I think we have a sneak preview of the future of cruising:

-No restrictions for vaccinated

-No proof of vaccination required

-Guests who are not vaccinated are "expected" to wear a mask and social distance.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

At the rate mask mandates are falling around the country, and now include Universal Studios (with Disney surely close behind) I think we have a sneak preview of the future of cruising:

-Guests who are not vaccinated are "expected" to wear a mask and social distance.

Sounds about right - let's just go ahead and get this party started (ALREADY)!

Tom

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

I agree.  Give it a few months, it will all change.  Heck, give it a week - things change fast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Anyway, I am against discrimination of any kind

Businesses discriminate all the time, legally.  Dress codes, footwear, age after a certain time of night, etc.

If the business honestly thinks they are doing it as a health and safety protocol, and the CDC currently backs that conclusion (and it does), then businesses should be free to do so.

3 hours ago, jfunk138 said:

Piling on: I concur.  Seems like we're headed there faster than I had thought possible.

43 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Businesses discriminate all the time, legally.  Dress codes, footwear, age after a certain time of night, etc.

If the business honestly thinks they are doing it as a health and safety protocol, and the CDC currently backs that conclusion (and it does), then businesses should be free to do so.

A dress code isn't a discrimination.  It's a standard that applies to all of people who visit the location.   Children aren't eligible, some people already got covid and have immunities that it is now being reported may last a lifetime, and other people are concerned with possible long term side effects.  It boggles my mind that people think businesses open to the public should be able to deny them services based on PERSONAL health information.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Shakatime said:

Also:

From that link:

Foodservice protocols will also change for cruise ships that are fully vaccinated. On ships where both crew and passengers are vaccinated, self-service at buffets and salad bars will once again be permitted aboard vaccinated cruises.

-------------

From the new Carnival protocol :

There will be no self-service for meals. We'll do the serving for you.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

... with 95% vaccinated ...

But if land based policy is duplicated, and I think it will be, no proof of vaccination is required. 

"Yes, my 11 year old child was vaccinated in Cancun with Chinavax"

1 minute ago, jfunk138 said:

But if land based policy is duplicated, and I think it will be, no proof of vaccination is required. 

"Yes, my 11 year old child was vaccinated in Cancun with Chinavax"

Yep - as I was mentioning weeks ago. The whole thing will be on the honor system... for better or worse.

Tom

8 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Also:

From that link:

Foodservice protocols will also change for cruise ships that are fully vaccinated. On ships where both crew and passengers are vaccinated, self-service at buffets and salad bars will once again be permitted aboard vaccinated cruises.

-------------

From the new Carnival protocol :

There will be no self-service for meals. We'll do the serving for you.

I don't think self-service buffets is a win.  LOL.  I liked it on my last cruise on RCL when the crew members served the food.  The only thing I prefer self service is the ice cream machine.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I don't think self-service buffets is a win.  LOL.  I liked it on my last cruise on RCL when the crew members served the food.  The only thing I prefer self service is the ice cream machine.  

We had a Celebrity cruise right after the prior cruise had a norovirus outbreak. It was (staff served) buffet, and no condiments/etc on the tables. We loved it! I cringe at the practices of many at the "help yourself buffet" !!!

Tom

• Like 5