In a cabin with your kids, do you...

MargaritaPlease

Home isn't as romantic as a cruise. Here's another vote for the kids club. Where is it written that the sun must be down? Heck...doing it during the daytime might remind you why you fell in love in the first place....

Nothing wrong with a little "Afternoon Delight".:D

I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with it. Today's society is so weird like that. people think that two loving adults (who by the way are in a solid and loving marraige) having sex while in the same room as their kids (which by the way - sex created) is gross? See that's exactly what's wrong with this society! We need to go back to the days of one room cabins and the family unit (and a lot of the world is still like that) so that our children will understand what a strong marraige is all about!

Personally, I wouldn't exactly want my kids to see the whole kit and kaboodle but I have no problem with my children knowing that my husband & I have sex. It's a major part of a connected marraige. And I pray to god that my kids will learn what a marraige is supposed to be like from me and not America with it's high divorce rates.

My advice to the OP - If you can handle it in a graceful way when you get caught, then why shouldn't you do what's normal for you and your husband. Maybe just turn down the volume a bit. But I find it hard to believe that a child should get grossed out if they catch they mother and father being loving. If that is the case - then I just don't think you are handling things right.

2 things come to mind....

Depends on really how old you are and how much noise you make. My DH and I do a lot more grunting and groaning (just from moving) now than we did 25 years ago (LOL).

Also, remember the good old days when QUICKIES were the norm.

Most of all, watch the giggles, you will spend so much time trying to be quiet that you will start cracking up and wake up the whole ship!

Happy trails...............

I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with it. Today's society is so weird like that. people think that two loving adults (who by the way are in a solid and loving marraige) having sex while in the same room as their kids (which by the way - sex created) is gross? See that's exactly what's wrong with this society! We need to go back to the days of one room cabins and the family unit (and a lot of the world is still like that) so that our children will understand what a strong marraige is all about!

Personally, I wouldn't exactly want my kids to see the whole kit and kaboodle but I have no problem with my children knowing that my husband & I have sex. It's a major part of a connected marraige. And I pray to god that my kids will learn what a marraige is supposed to be like from me and not America with it's high divorce rates.

My advice to the OP - If you can handle it in a graceful way when you get caught, then why shouldn't you do what's normal for you and your husband. Maybe just turn down the volume a bit. But I find it hard to believe that a child should get grossed out if they catch they mother and father being loving. If that is the case - then I just don't think you are handling things right.

wowwwwwwwwww which nudist colony did you join. Have you not been listening to the people talking. they are scared for life remembering seeing or walking in on their parents having sex. It's one thing if it is always flaunted in your face but another thing to be totally shocked by walking in.

wowwwwwwwwww which nudist colony did you join. Have you not been listening to the people talking. they are scared for life remembering seeing or walking in on their parents having sex. It's one thing if it is always flaunted in your face but another thing to be totally shocked by walking in.

As far as yor first comment - GROW UP! Noone needs to fling insults unless you have nothing more intelligent to state.

And as for your second comment about persons being scared. HOW SAD! I am sure they were made scared by the parents who acted shy and embarassed as though what they were doing was something to be embarassed about. If a child walked in on parents that kept a clear head and didn't freak out themselves then the child wouldn't freak out either!

Maybe if parents were more up front with their kids and talked about these things instead of letting the schools and their peers handle it, the kids would be more comfortable with the fact that their parents loved each other enough to be having sex in their committed relationship.

Last cruise on the Majesty we had connecting staterooms, one for us & one for the kids (teens). The youngest(13) walked into the room & was a little shocked to see what was happening. Make sure those stateroom doors are completely closed. Make sure you get at least 2 clicks out of it & not just one. Never know who will walk in:eek:

As far as yor first comment - GROW UP! Noone needs to fling insults unless you have nothing more intelligent to state.

And as for your second comment about persons being scared. HOW SAD! I am sure they were made scared by the parents who acted shy and embarassed as though what they were doing was something to be embarassed about. If a child walked in on parents that kept a clear head and didn't freak out themselves then the child wouldn't freak out either!

Maybe if parents were more up front with their kids and talked about these things instead of letting the schools and their peers handle it, the kids would be more comfortable with the fact that their parents loved each other enough to be having sex in their committed relationship.

Wowwwwwwwww again. It's really unbelievable how infuriated some people can get. First of all LIGHTEN UP (you must need a cruise or something) this has been a very fun a humerous thread. It all in fun and you need to get over it. Maybe a little sex would relieve some of your tension. I'm so glad you are so knowledgeable about the way to raise children and what and how to talk to them. I hope your children have turned out sane. I know mine are.

I plan to still enjoy the light heartedness of this thread. And getting a good laugh at all of the comments. Regardless of some certain replies. Have a nice day

people think that two loving adults (who by the way are in a solid and loving marraige) having sex while in the same room as their kids (which by the way - sex created) is gross? See that's exactly what's wrong with this society!

Wonder if you would feel the same way if your cabin-mates were your *own* parents, or in-laws.

There is actually a term for when two people have sex in the presence of others...it's called an orgy. :)

Tracy

This thread is HILARIOUS! (I can't wait for DH to read it when he gets home.)

I understand you people who were traumatized at the thought of 'seeing' or 'catching' your parents. I'd probably feel the same way, because my parents never did such a thing. My siblings and I (five of us) were born in the 1950's. There was no such thing as S*X. Women got pregnant because, they, uh, it just happened. DH's parents were the same way. They each reminded me of families from 1950's and 60's sitcoms. LOL!

I rember overhearing a conversation that my mother was having with my grandmother when I was a teen. She was quite complimentary of my father in the martial relations portion of their relationship. I made a gagging noise and got, "well it serves you right big ears". I wash shocked! I was adopted and just told myself that my parents never did *that*.

A few years ago I became pregnant. Our older two are adopted and thought that's how you got a baby. They just didn't know any other way and while I knew I would have to talk to them at some point, I was not expecting to do it so soon! They asked a lot of questions about how Hernie-Roo got into my tummy and how he would make his eventual exit. I answered honestly and to their age level as best as possible. My oldest got very quiet for a few days. Very unlike my Gene-Gene, trust me. He finally asked me if Daddy and I had the "S" word. Since I had not used that word I can only assume he picked it up somewhere like school. We talked for a while and it was "fine" or so I thought.

A couple weeks ago Gene kissed me quite heartily in front of the boys. Something we just do, not for their benefit but because we are truly affectionate. Gene-Gene yells out, "Watch out everyone, Mom and Dad are going to have "s"! Since my in-laws were over for dinner that was quite an interesting opener to a conversation. I could have cheerfully killed the child.

I also remember coming home in Kindergarten after kissing little Tim B. and telling my mother I was pregnant. That's when I found out some of the particulars. Seems I had it in my mind that to have intimacy all that was required was a kiss. Too bad I told her this after I informed Tim that we would be getting married. Snort. Poor Tim's mom!

Funny thread. But as for our family, we have taken our kids with us on a cruise. In our situation, we wait till we get home........ As one kid is 3 and the other is 10. So putting them in the kids club is a no go. We usually let the 10 yr old get herself ready first and let her go to her program. Then we get ready. JMO

For those that think nudity is a normal thing and won't traumatize the children...

My DH is 48 and his mother, who is in a nursing home is 92. Dear old Mom insists that hospital gowns need to be worn backwards for their true comfort. We stopped in to see her a couple of weeks ago and ended getting their in the early evening after she had put her jammies on. My DH still gets queezy thinking about the full frontal view he was "exposed" to.

I told him he should get over it, after all, my breasts will also reach the ground soon. I don't think he enjoyed looking into the future. WE CRACK UP ALL THE TIME THINKING ABOUT IT!

I vote for waiting or an afternoon quickie while the kids are out playing.

My son walked in on us when he was about 5 or 6. He shut the door and I heard him call out to his sister "hey "L", Mom and Dad are wrestling naked!

My dd now 13 knows what sex is about and frequently alludes to our activities. Our door was locked one afternoon after my dh had been gone for a few days. She came by and knocked. Next thing I knew she was yelling out "in the middle of the afternoon"! Sounding scandalized.

I have frequently wondered how we managed to concieve numbers three and four and often accused my husband of having an affair because I have no memory of doing anything towards getting "in the family way" ;)

I look at people with more kids than we have and wonder how on earth they found enough alone time to concieve their offspring?

Ummm...you do know that one of the reasons Sybil had 16 personalities is because she watched her parents have sex as a child, right?

I can communicate quite well to my children what makes a strong marriage without including them in my lovemaking. I don't believe sex is gross and I don't want my kids to think so either. I do, however, believe it is very private, as their own sex lives one day should be. My kids knowing my husband and I have sex - absolutely. My kids knowing I am doing it right in the same room with them - no, that's just between me and him, or should be. Just MHO.

parents may have use to share one room with a whole family, but i guarantee the sex wasnt near as fun or enjoyable as it is now. who wants quiet hidden under the sheets sex anyways? :confused:

take the party out to the private balcany to let the whole ship know how much you love each other!!! ;)

It's nice to see you all seem to agree with me. This MRSTROD person went a little crazy trying to shoot me down. Nothing wrong with sex, just want to try to make sure every option available to avoid the trauma of kids walking in on what they do not need to see.

A friend of mine (I'll call her "S", she was about 22 at the time) had a friend and her friend's boyfriend to stay over one night. They all slept in S's room: S on her single bed, the friend and boyfriend on the floor beside the bed (a couple of foot away - not far at all). S told me, afterwards, that she woke up in the middle of the night to realise that the other two were having sex on her floor a couple of feet away. She was completely shocked and disgusted by it - but she didn't say anything at the time (too embarrassed) and I don't think she said anything afterwards... think it didn't do much for the friendship though!

Ok it wasn't her parents, but you get the drift...

I agree with other posters advice - I certainly wouldn't consider it acceptable to do such things in the same room as my children...

For a VERY young child (baby/toddler), might do something quick/quiet in the locked bathroom after they have fallen asleep in the bedroom. Anything older, would stick them in kids club or something out of the way. After a certain age, would probably put them in a connecting cabin, anyway (taking care to lock the door! :) ).

Boo