In a cabin with your kids, do you...

MargaritaPlease

Wow, and I thought I'd seen it all on this board. This is a new one. Talk about being FRANK!

Sorry, but EEEEWWWW about doing it when the kids are in the room. I do hope you were talking about only doing it when they'd be asleep, and not just smack dab in front of 'em! Otherwise I think you might have more problems than we can help you with on this board...

Oh, and as for the 15 minutes...that's ALL the time you need? Sheesh. I've been married for 21 years, and even we take more time than that!

We did actually have our two kids with us in a cabin once a few years ago (they were 11 & 12 at the time). DH and I had a blast trying to sneak around and get alone time in the room without them knowing -- we felt like teenagers again! It was actually kinda fun, and added to the excitement of the situation.

This whole conversation reminds me of a stupid joke the boys used to tell when I was younger -- something about parents, their kid, a monkey and a banana....

LeeAnne

I shared a room with my parents all the time when I was younger and always wondered if my parents just restrained. As a teenager I couldn't imagine going on such romantic vacations and then being stuck in a room with your kids. Maybe I'll feel different when I become a parent. However, I tend to agree that you should take some time when the kids are off doing some type of activity. I would have never wanted to catch my parents in that situation.

think back to when you really first started to remember things as a child. if your kids are older than when your first memories are, then keep the snake in the cage. i remember when i was about 7 and my parents were "wrestling in bed" (or so i thought at the time) and now to me that has to be one of the most vivid things i will remember of my childhood.

give your kids $5 or so to go do something and then go to town. tell them if there is a sock on the door to not enter (that was my college frat houses way to tell if to not enter a room :eek: ) because the room tenant is cleaning, or come up with some other clever idea. if you just deadbolt the door, your kids will just bang on the door until you hurry to get some clothes on. remember, kids over 10 now a days know whats going on behind closed doors so it might make it hard for your 11yo to sleep that night.

just my 2 cents! have a great trip and great "alone time"!!!

Good grief no! My eldest sleep so lightly that I cannot even sneeze without waking him up! Send them to Adventure Ocean and have time alone in the afternoon. The running joke around here is to never send the boys away overnight to prevent future pregancy!

Geez, can't believe you can't wait until you get home. Or you could shell out for another room and then not have to worry about it at all.

Wait until you get home? LOL :D

I would think being on vacation, no stress, lazy days, fresh air, hot days and a few drinks would put you in the mood even more than being at home so this might be an unreasonable suggestion....

Wait until you get home? LOL :D

I would think being on vacation, no stress, lazy days, fresh air, hot days and a few drinks would put you in the mood even more than being at home so this might be an unreasonable suggestion....

Add to that equation, two kids in the room and it just becomes EWWWWW. The thought wouldn't even enter my mind.

I am a college student and have to room with my parents I tell them it still is sick thinking of them but I know it happens. I always tell them a min amount of time I will be gone might be longer but they do have an idea and also the deadbolt works that happened to me last year and pissed me off because I needed to get dressed for formal night.

Geez, can't believe you can't wait until you get home. Or you could shell out for another room and then not have to worry about it at all.

Home isn't as romantic as a cruise. Here's another vote for the kids club. Where is it written that the sun must be down? Heck...doing it during the daytime might remind you why you fell in love in the first place....