In a cabin with your kids, do you...

MargaritaPlease

Last night we were walked in on. What he was doing up at 2 am boggles the mind but all of them seem to have some kind of radar for it. The babies start crying as soon as Gene even looks at me with intent. I love em but JEEPERS!

Fortunatly I think Gene-Gene was sleepwalking because he did not scream and run.

Last night we were walked in on. What he was doing up at 2 am boggles the mind but all of them seem to have some kind of radar for it. The babies start crying as soon as Gene even looks at me with intent. I love em but JEEPERS!

Fortunatly I think Gene-Gene was sleepwalking because he did not scream and run.

If you don't get 'surprised' at least once in your life.... maybe your not doing it enough?:D

I know my parents do "it", but the thought of them doing "it" gives me the shivers. After hearing some of these stories, I dont ever wanna cruise with them again. Thank god I cruise with my Grandparents most of the time...

My grandparents were the horniest people I've ever known!

When I was 17, my maternal grandmother died - and right away, my grandfather started going over to my paternal grandmother's house for "home cooked meals". She had been a widow for about 2 years. Within 6 months, they got married. So now, my parents (who had been divorced for 10 years) are step-brother and sister. (Still following this?)

Anyway....about a year after they got married, they decided to drive from Michigan to California...stopping at their various kids house to visit. I was in college at the time, and came home for the weekend...I arrived home about 1pm. When I arrived, my mother was sitting in the living room with a glazed and sick expression. She told me that Grandpa and Grandma (just think...this is her ex-mother in law) were "napping upstairs". She said that they "napped and giggled" for about 2-hours every single day.

Now...as a grandmother of 10, I am more inclined to feel a sense of pride in my horney grandparents. I don't think I could possibly keep up with that impressive schedule. :D

My grandparents were the horniest people I've ever known!

When I was 17, my maternal grandmother died - and right away, my grandfather started going over to my paternal grandmother's house for "home cooked meals". She had been a widow for about 2 years. Within 6 months, they got married. So now, my parents (who had been divorced for 10 years) are step-brother and sister. (Still following this?)

Anyway....about a year after they got married, they decided to drive from Michigan to California...stopping at their various kids house to visit. I was in college at the time, and came home for the weekend...I arrived home about 1pm. When I arrived, my mother was sitting in the living room with a glazed and sick expression. She told me that Grandpa and Grandma (just think...this is her ex-mother in law) were "napping upstairs". She said that they "napped and giggled" for about 2-hours every single day.

Now...as a grandmother of 10, I am more inclined to feel a sense of pride in my horney grandparents. I don't think I could possibly keep up with that impressive schedule. :D

This is my favorite story so far on this thread! :D

Sorry to inform you of this, but your grandparents are probably doing it too.

As a mother of a 17yo DD, I can tell you, boys HAVE to be easier. My sister has 2 boys, one 17 and the other 19. Biggest arguement at their house is over haircuts. Oh how I wish for such trivial problems. Don't get me wrong, me daughter is a GREAT kid, honors program, graduating early from high school, career minded and HORMONAL..............................

I have to agree! Not to freak you out more but we do!

Do what everyone else seems to do. Put the kids in an elevator and tell them to play with all the buttons. :D

Or maybe strap three of them to a set of lounge chairs with one soda card to share. (then you'll have lounge chairs for later)

Thanks a LOT Orange!!! Now when I see the kids playing in the elevator, I'll be tempted to tell them "hi sweetie, your mom said you need to go back to your cabin. . HURRY!". ROFLMAO

Just kidding folks!

Strap them to a lounge chair? Did you just find another use for the duct tape?

Same here-our 16 month old has it out for daddy-every time dad wants some time, Eli gives his infamous "fake cry"-we know nothing is wrong, but still shatters the moment and must be dealt with. No love for daddy, that's what Elvis says-he musta got some love somewhere, we do have the 2 kids!!

And I am sorry to all of you saying girls are harder, I just don't buy it. Gilrs can sit quietly and amuse themselves, boys are totally incapable of doing so, must make noise, break things, be the center of the universe. And girls give much longer, more detailed responses to your questions:

Mom: "What did you do at school today honey"?

Son: 1."Nothing". 2. "I don't know". 3. "I don't remember". 4. "Stuff".

I know girls have more to say that that!!

And the pee on the floor thing, toilet seat always up so I fall in at 3am, come one, girls are a breeze. I'll take hormones over dirt and noise anyday.

I love my boys, but would love a girl to hang out with and discuss something other than Yu-gi-oh cards, football, and video games.:eek:

GEEZ...this thread is got so many replies that by the time I fifnished reading it so I could post it went from 4 pages to 6!

It'll be our 1st cruise and our kiddos will be 7 and 3 3/4 y.o.....so we're hoping to get at least one shot while they're at camp-LOL

It's obvious that you 'girlie girl' moms (who are someday hoping for a girl) don't have any. The fun of 'dressing them up' also comes packaged with the pettiness, bickering, verbalizing, 'having to get the last word in,' etc. (Rubbing my forehead as I type this.) Yes, I'm a mom to a DD. Any other moms (or dads?) out there agree? LOL!

Boy....I agree! My son is almost 7 and my dd is 3 1/2 and my dd drives me crazy! I thought my ds was strongwilled (PA Dutch/German blood on both side of the family) but my dd puts him to shame!!!

Everyday starts with a fight over her outfit, then about what to eat for breakfast, then about shoes, then coat, then who goes out the door 1st, the who opens the gate, then what carseat to sit in, etc...Everything she does everyday is a battle! It goes on and on...the only time she isn't like that is when she's sick, then I can at least coax her into doing some things without a fight! Somedays I can't take it anymore and I break down and cry. She is the most exhausting, exasperating child I know! And I have my degree in Early Childhood Education/Early Intervention so I've dealt with children with all kinds of special needs and "typical" children as well, throughout the past 12 years. I always joke that she is 3 going on 16. I love her to death and she can be so sweet and loving...my dh calls her "sweetness with devil horns"

GEEZ...this thread is got so many replies that by the time I fifnished reading it so I could post it went from 4 pages to 6!

It'll be our 1st cruise and our kiddos will be 7 and 3 3/4 y.o.....so we're hoping to get at least one shot while they're at camp-LOL

Boy....I agree! My son is almost 7 and my dd is 3 1/2 and my dd drives me crazy! I thought my ds was strongwilled (PA Dutch/German blood on both side of the family) but my dd puts him to shame!!!

Everyday starts with a fight over her outfit, then about what to eat for breakfast, then about shoes, then coat, then who goes out the door 1st, the who opens the gate, then what carseat to sit in, etc...Everything she does everyday is a battle! It goes on and on...the only time she isn't like that is when she's sick, then I can at least coax her into doing some things without a fight! Somedays I can't take it anymore and I break down and cry. She is the most exhausting, exasperating child I know! And I have my degree in Early Childhood Education/Early Intervention so I've dealt with children with all kinds of special needs and "typical" children as well, throughout the past 12 years. I always joke that she is 3 going on 16. I love her to death and she can be so sweet and loving...my dh calls her "sweetness with devil horns"

Wait it gets worse!!!!!!!!!!! When mine were little and had a fever I tried to hold out as long as I could to give them tylenol. It was the only time I got a little peace and quiet. It didn't last long cause I used to feel guilty for holding out and give it to them.

Hey, I thought that's what Ocean Adventure club was for in the first place! We check the kids in then race back to the room!

On the issue of girls vs boys in who's more difficult. Having one of each, I'll go with the girls. PMS starts at 2! My dd can make projectile tears occur! And turn them off in a heartbeat. She's 10 going on 19 and the hormones are starting to rear their ugly little heads. Can we say mood swings?

My DS is 12. So, both have recently had the puberty discussion. DS had it at school and I told my DD what "girls do" just so she'd be on the same page as her brother. For a week, I had both of them walking around shaking their heads going, "That's just too creepy".

What a fun thread to be reading!

Enjoy!

I have to jump in here and say I think girls are far worse than boys to raise!! My GF had 2 boys and I had 2 girls, in the morning there was a very distinct difference in the noise volume in our homes, mine being the loud house with the girls going at it over everything ! Her boys got up, dressed, fed and out the door with nary a peep. Our oldest girl also provided us with a new dd to raise so we got to start over just when we had begun the count down to being kid free. I have to say this one is even more challenging than the other 2 and she is only 9. She thinks she was born 30.

I have to jump in here and say I think girls are far worse than boys to raise!! My GF had 2 boys and I had 2 girls, in the morning there was a very distinct difference in the noise volume in our homes, mine being the loud house with the girls going at it over everything ! Her boys got up, dressed, fed and out the door with nary a peep. Our oldest girl also provided us with a new dd to raise so we got to start over just when we had begun the count down to being kid free. I have to say this one is even more challenging than the other 2 and she is only 9. She thinks she was born 30.

But did your girls mutilate (decapitate) your garden gnomes or assault your favorite roses?? Girls may be difficult, boys are evil!!! My backyard used to be so pretty, until the boys, their motorcyces, bicycles, skateboards, footballs, and other items of terror came home.

If you don't get 'surprised' at least once in your life.... maybe your not doing it enough?:D
Funniest thing that's ever happened in my entire life: Hubby and I are . . . well, in bed but not sleeping. All of a sudden I realize that I hear my youngest daughter's new Gameboy game right beside me. She'd come in SILENTLY and crawled into my side of the bed without either of us noticing. My husband said patiently, "Honey, go back to your bed, Mommy and I are trying to sleep." Her deadpan response, "No, you're not. Will you help me beat this monster?"