In a cabin with your kids, do you...

MargaritaPlease

Duct tape, you cannot forget the DUCT TAPE!
Now we're back on original topic ! Kids in the room ? Just duct tape them in bed :D !!

DUCT TAPE... now at 1,003 uses... and counting!!

And everyone always asks "What's the duct tape for ??" Sheeze... pretty simple.

If we couldn't put the kids in a separate cabin, we wouldn't take them along on the cruise at all. Even aside from the sex issues, it just wouldn't be very relaxing or enjoyable if we needed to have an entire family crammed together in one cabin with no privacy, all sharing one small bathroom and limited storage space for a week or more. Others may enjoy that much togetherness, but it's not our idea of the way to spend a vacation.

Why do you think grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins were invented?

You can trade off and take care of their kids or pets when they go on vacation.

Or, if you feel you really must take them along on the cruise, put all those strongwilled kids in another cabin with the horny grandparents.

Important: Make sure they are on another deck, on the opposite end of the ship. Then you can pretend you don't know any of them.

Still haven't figured out whether the kitchen utensils should go in your cabin or theirs though.

I know I stated our situation about the sleeping arrangements. This cruise happens to be for my in laws 60th anniversary which I wanted all the kids to be a part of. Since we have 6 kids and have already booked 2 cabins, 2 of the kids do need to sleep with us, unless they are expected to sleep on the floor in the other room and sharing a bed in an inside cabin with a sibling when they are both teenagers is not a very do-able solution either. The last thing I need to contend with is 6 kids who are tired from lack of sleep because they were expected to share those tiny beds. As far as booking another cabin, they will not let us because we have one adult booked in each room already and need to have someone over 25 booked with anyone under 21. TRUST me I have tried to figure this out several different ways. Since the whole extended family is going I guess my only option for leaving them home would be to hire a nanny......soooooo Thanks to those who actually answered my question about the beds being pushed together..I do appreciate the information and plan to possibly upgrade to a cabin with the hide-a- bed and upper bunk.

Not everybody has the luxury of Aunts and Uncles or Grandparents who are healthy enough to watch their kids.

Oh and for the record we do pretend we don't know them LOL....especially when they are not behaving. ( kidding)

When we sailed on the Disney Wonder we really didn't have too much trouble sharing the bathroom....I guess when you are blessed with a large family, you take it for granted that you will have kids in your face most of the time. I would not trade them for the world...not even my PIA 19 yr old. I am so not complaining about having my kids in the cabin with me. I would much rather cruise WITH them than stay home.

In my sons school a teacher was recently, well I am not sure if he was fired but I know he did not work for a long time, for duct taping a kid to a chair. While I do not advocate ever actually duct taping a child that kid is a neighbor of ours and I can understand why someone would resort to extreme measures :)

Nancy, I would never do that. I have, however, been known to take a large roll of duct tape out of my desk drawer and slam it down on the top of the desk, while making hard eye contact with a student. :D

Snort, that's funny. I have threatened it too. Mostly for use on their mouths!

It's obvious that you 'girlie girl' moms (who are someday hoping for a girl) don't have any. The fun of 'dressing them up' also comes packaged with the pettiness, bickering, verbalizing, 'having to get the last word in,' etc. (Rubbing my forehead as I type this.) Yes, I'm a mom to a DD. Any other moms (or dads?) out there agree? LOL!

Here I am!!! *hand raised in the air* What are you complaining about with one? I've got 6! :eek: And if you think having a girl means that she'll be a girlie girl, don't hold your breath. My second youngest granddaughter hasn't been seen in a dress since the day she was christened and she's about to turn 9. Add to that - she can beat the you-know-what out of any boy her age. :D

LNF

This thread has got to me a bit... I sit in the kitchen (as I can see the family room TV and 'West Wing" rerun from there) and type on my laptop. Since I am in the kitchen i mentally go through each drawer and think what in that drawer could be used for... well let's just say if it should go in my big suitcase:D :D

Gotta tell you the tupperware cupboard is interesting:eek:

Okay, I am running out of kitchen-related innuendos...should we switch to another room?
Yea of little faith... we have not even touched on various vegetables.. can you say cucumber?... These may need to be carefully placed near the bottle that 'fell' into your suitcase, as certain root vegetables are not allowed to be brought on board.

For hlfdzn:

I'm a little confused why the cruiseline won't let you book another cabin. I have 2 booked for my April cruise: one for us, one for the the kids. The kids are listed in their cabin and we're listed in ours. There was no requirement for an adult to be listed in each cabin. If you are able to book another cabin, that may make it more enjoyable for everyone: you and your spouse in one and 3 kids in each of the other 2. There was an option during the online check in (seapass) to accept the cruise contract for the minors on our other reservation, so I think this is not unusual. Certainly can't hurt to try.

I believe I read somewhere that there's a requirement that minors can be listed as the sole occupants of a cabin ONLY if it's right next door to the parents. Our cabins are next door to each other, and we do have our kids alone in one. Can anyone confirm that's a rule?

For hlfdzn:

I'm a little confused why the cruiseline won't let you book another cabin. I have 2 booked for my April cruise: one for us, one for the the kids. The kids are listed in their cabin and we're listed in ours. There was no requirement for an adult to be listed in each cabin. If you are able to book another cabin, that may make it more enjoyable for everyone: you and your spouse in one and 3 kids in each of the other 2. There was an option during the online check in (seapass) to accept the cruise contract for the minors on our other reservation, so I think this is not unusual. Certainly can't hurt to try.

I had to book one adult in each cabin they would not let me book it as two kids. But didn't seem to mind if we slept that way just booked it that way.

Travel agents interpret RCCL's rules more stringently than RCCL does!

That's why we originally had to put a parent in each of our cabins on our last cruise. Then I remembered that we had booked the kids in their own cabin on another cruise that we had booked directly with RCCL. It took a few phone calls to the travel agent and for them to call RCCL to get the OK, but on our last cruise we had 3 teens booked in their own cabin with their correct ages, etc., and we were two doors down in our own cabin. No subterfuge required. If you really want your own cabin, and can find three cabins close together (they don't have to actually adjoin, either) you should be able to do so.

Good luck!

The no kids in a cabin alone under 18 thing is in the fine print on most brochures. Got my Carnival and my RCI right here and there they are. They are usually pretty strict. Of course what you do once you are onboard is your business as long as the kids aren't bringing down the house with noise.

Were your cabins right next to each other? I was actually surprised that they let us list just our two kids in the second cabin, but then I read they'll do that if they are next door.

no right across the hall 7581 7580