In a cabin with your kids, do you...

MargaritaPlease

I had to book one adult in each cabin they would not let me book it as two kids. But didn't seem to mind if we slept that way just booked it that way.

RCCL website states that they should be in an adjacent cabin. That could be next door, it could be across the hall, it could be a couple doors away, just as long as they are close. I think they just don't want you booking the kids on a seperate deck.

I had to book one adult in each cabin they would not let me book it as two kids. But didn't seem to mind if we slept that way just booked it that way.

They let us book the adults in one cabin, the kids two doors down. I really prefer that because then all the Seapasses are correct (we don't put charging privileges on the kids' cards) and open the right doors! If you play musical beds once you're onboard, one of the adults is going to have to trade cards with a kids, that won't allow charging of drinks, for example.

If your travel agent tells you that RCI insists that an adult be booked in each cabin (ours did), CALL RCI! They will allow the kids, booked accurately, in a nearby cabin. BTW, I called the C&A desk each time. They seem to be more able to help.

We did this on the Sovereign last summer, and the Explorer this past Christmas.

I prefer to book two cabins for the extra space and bathrooms. But since we cruise so often sometimes getting 2 cabins isn't economical. We have a DD8 and DS13 that sleep like rocks and once their gone for the night their gone until the morning. So we have been known to sneak one under the covers before. But we find we have plenty of opportunities to get together while their busy with friends so it isn't really necessary.

PS- If your still worried, just book two rooms!

I am soo glad I have wonderful people on this board who can solve dilemmas. I WAS told that one adult had to be booked in each room. So I did book it that way. When we cruised Disney we had no problems switching rooms once we were aboard and no problems with the key to the world cards. I was considering booking a room with a balcony so we could have extra space, but if I can book another cabin for the kids it will be the same if not cheaper to do that. Then hubby and I can have our OWN room and not have to sleep apart and we can shag whenever we feel like it. It is not like my kids are babies...5 of them are teens ( 4 which are coming) and the youngest will be almost 12. This opens up a world of possiblilities and even could fill one more room so we can get our 8 cabins to fulfill our group. I set up a group sailing for my inlaws 60th anniversary and many of the people who thought it was a GREAT idea in the beginning have now decided not to go.

Now....to figure out which toys I can bring if I am going to have my own room.....There would be no way I would risk bringing them with kids in the room.....it WOULD scar them for life worse than seeing us mess around. Ohhh I am sooo excited now!!!! Thanks everyone!!!! Melissa

SO now we are talking about getting 3 cabins......but with only 2 adults will they let us book them? According to this thread, as long as I have my kids close by, I can book 3 of them in one cabin and 2 of them in another and then hubby and I in our own cabin. I will call my TA and ask him to look into this for me.

wow thanks so much for the info.... I went on last night to see how much it would be to put hubby and I in a balcony and it really isn't much more. I just have to sit down and make a final decision about where I want to be a stick with it. They still seem to have quite a bit of availablility too. Even though we were looking forward to the trip I had pretty much resigned myself to sharing a room with my girls and that would have put a bit of a damper on things...this opens up a whole new list of possiblilites LOL. Imagine not sharing a bathroom!!! sounds like luxury to me.

wow thanks so much for the info.... I went on last night to see how much it would be to put hubby and I in a balcony and it really isn't much more. I just have to sit down and make a final decision about where I want to be a stick with it. They still seem to have quite a bit of availablility too. Even though we were looking forward to the trip I had pretty much resigned myself to sharing a room with my girls and that would have put a bit of a damper on things...this opens up a whole new list of possiblilites LOL. Imagine not sharing a bathroom!!! sounds like luxury to me.

I tell people that I have not gone to the bathroom alone for 8 years and they think it's a joke! I know you know it's not. LOL! :p

I have found when booking directly with the cruiseline, they are alot easier to work with than the TAs in this instance. We had adjoining cabins originally, but then I upgraded our cabin to a js and wanted to keep my kids in an inside and the rep at RC said as long as the cabins were close together, that was fine. We have an aft js and the kids are in an inside 3 cabins away. Had the same experience with Carnival--they had no problems putting the kids in a cabin across the hall from us. While it may say it in the cruise contract, it's been my experience that the cruiselines are willing to work with you to make you happy.

You know how true that is!! When my husband wanted to remodel the main level and put a master suite in for us, at first I was against it since I wanted to be able to let the kids each have their own rooms. Now I am so happy he did it and even though my kids get grounded if they use my bathroom (boys...pee on the seat ect)..... when I go into my bathroom it never fails that if I do not latch the door all the way...THE DOG comes in to see what I am doing!!! I thought when the kids all were in school I would get some peace. At least I feel loved right?

I see so many lonely people where I work ( an independent living facility) it is pathetic. I only hope my kids do not ignore me the way some of their kids ignore them.Today a lady who has 5 children moved out and her cousin came to drive her to her new apt. Her 5 daughters could not be bothered to help her pack or move....Sad...very sad.

...kids get grounded if they use my bathroom (boys...pee on the seat ect)..... when I go into my bathroom it never fails that if I do not latch the door all the way...THE DOG comes in to see what I am doing!!! I thought when the kids all were in school I would get some peace. At least I feel loved right?
"Pee on the seat" and "the dog comes in"... I've been standing there and the dog's cold nose touches my butt.. I'd be lucky to only hit the seat:eek:

My DH and i are booked on Radiance for Nov. 2006 in one cabin, we have my 2 kids and my mum in a cabin a couple of doors down the hall. this way i don't have to worry that my kids are getting into trouble in their cabin while we can get into all the trouble we want to in our cabin, and no worries about the noise levels either , *wink wink*;)

But they are in their own room since this is THEIR anniversary present.Besides they are both 80 and over...I don't have ask them to babysit. I called my travel agent. He says this is not going to be a problem and I am just trying to figure out which room on the Enchantment are the new ones so I can try to get put there. It looks like they still have connecting cabins open so I can get 2 connected 2 person rooms and one quad next to that. I am not worried about my kids getting in trouble. They are usually so busy that they don't have time. You are lucky you have a parent both willing and young enough to watch your kids for you. On the rare occasions that my hubby and I get to go away without the kids it costs us $100 a day to hire a nice or nephew to watch them and drive them around ect. Worth every penny, but sometimes I feel envious of people who get so much help from their parents or in laws.