In a cabin with your kids, do you...

MargaritaPlease

I am 35 and tempted to try one more time, but can't stand another penis in my house (peeing on my floor, eating all the food, being loud and leaving messes everywhere)-3 men is enough, I am already outnumbered and alone:eek: My younger son is only 16 months, so I start to consider one more try, then I become afraid and go shopping for myself instead.:D

But having a daughter to shop for and dress up would be so much fun-I am such a "girly-girl" stuck in a house full of sticky boys!!

From one girlie girl to another, I feel your pain.

If you have six kids, you've already slept with each other enough, lol.

:D I sprayed my monitor when I read that. Thanks for the laugh!

I am such a "girly-girl" stuck in a house full of sticky boys!!

I only share the house with one sticky boy - I shudder at the thought of multiple miniatures running around. Pee and dirty socks and crumbs EVERYWHERE! :D I'm a boy rut myself. I've got two godsons, good friends just had a son....the next boy born is going to find himself wearing a lot of gorgeous little girl outfits. I'm getting impatient!

I only share the house with one sticky boy - I shudder at the thought of multiple miniatures running around. Pee and dirty socks and crumbs EVERYWHERE! :D

God, are they ALL the same??? :(

Don't have any kiddies yet, but am hoping for a girl (when the time comes) to dress-up and spoil :)

It's obvious that you 'girlie girl' moms (who are someday hoping for a girl) don't have any. The fun of 'dressing them up' also comes packaged with the pettiness, bickering, verbalizing, 'having to get the last word in,' etc. (Rubbing my forehead as I type this.) Yes, I'm a mom to a DD. Any other moms (or dads?) out there agree? LOL!

I get a couple of different reactions, besides horror, when I show up with my brood. There are the, "gee, you're hands are full" folks. The, "You are indeed blessed, so many wonderful boys" (usually kindly folks from a culture that values male heirs) and the, "You are so lucky you don't have girls. Boys are so much easier". This uttered most recently by a nice looking family whose three daughters were having a mutual, "drama break" over a dress.

It always looks greener in someone else's yard!

I still think about it. Gene and I have talked seriously about adopting an older girl. I love my babies, babies are great, but I also know that the "fun" for me, anyway, starts when they are older. We have a foster liscense and current homestudy that we keep up just in case the right situation comes along.

"You are so lucky you don't have girls. Boys are so much easier".
The folks that said this didn't have a son that was told to stay in his room, so he stood in his doorway and pee'd TWARDS the bathroom... then told us "But you SAID to stay in my room...."

Ahhh.. not exactly a Kodak Moment... but a 'fond'' memory

I know my parents do "it", but the thought of them doing "it" gives me the shivers. After hearing some of these stories, I dont ever wanna cruise with them again. Thank god I cruise with my Grandparents most of the time...

Sorry to inform you of this, but your grandparents are probably doing it too.

As a mother of a 17yo DD, I can tell you, boys HAVE to be easier. My sister has 2 boys, one 17 and the other 19. Biggest arguement at their house is over haircuts. Oh how I wish for such trivial problems. Don't get me wrong, me daughter is a GREAT kid, honors program, graduating early from high school, career minded and HORMONAL..............................

Sorry to inform you of this, but your grandparents are probably doing it too.

As a mother of a 17yo DD, I can tell you, boys HAVE to be easier. My sister has 2 boys, one 17 and the other 19. Biggest arguement at their house is over haircuts. Oh how I wish for such trivial problems. Don't get me wrong, me daughter is a GREAT kid, honors program, graduating early from high school, career minded and HORMONAL..............................

Hormonal mine is a fricken nightmare, she is just learning about hormones and oh my god what do I have to look foward to. I love my daughter to death but ohhhhhhhhh those boys they are soooooooooo much easier

First, to answer hlfdzn's question about their beds being put together, the cabin stewart can't put them together (something about fire hazard because of the beds coming out of the ceiling), but that doesn't keep you from pushing the beds together at night and moving them in the morning. That's what DH and I did when we went on the Enchantment last year.

As far as doing "it" while children are in the room, like someone else has said, Where there's a will there's a way!!! Our DS was 18 on our last cruise and in the same cabin with us. He is a very heavy sleeper and he snores really loud. Plus, it is soooo dark in an inside cabin, you can't see each other, much less son seeing us!!!!!!:)

Oh my God. I am 40, and recently caught my parents in the act. Still makes me laugh.

I had tried calling them, knew they were home and no one answered. Because of their age and medical conditions I became concerned. Went to their house and found vehicle in the yard and doors locked. Now even more concerned. DUHHH..... Never once did I think they would be doing THAT. I unlocked with hidden house key and entered the house. Started yelling "are you okay" and let's just say, I caught them with their pants down. Don't know who was more embarrassed. Almost sent my teen daughter over to do the check. Good thing that I didn't. She would still be gagging.....

I know my parents do "it", but the thought of them doing "it" gives me the shivers. After hearing some of these stories, I dont ever wanna cruise with them again. Thank god I cruise with my Grandparents most of the time...

Where do you think your parents came from?:confused: Just because they are your grandparents makes them any different?:D

As the old saying goes There may be snow on the roof but there is still fire in the furnace. or something like that.:D

Oh my God. I am 40, and recently caught my parents in the act. Still makes me laugh.

I had tried calling them, knew they were home and no one answered. Because of their age and medical conditions I became concerned. Went to their house and found vehicle in the yard and doors locked. Now even more concerned. DUHHH..... Never once did I think they would be doing THAT. I unlocked with hidden house key and entered the house. Started yelling "are you okay" and let's just say, I caught them with their pants down. Don't know who was more embarrassed. Almost sent my teen daughter over to do the check. Good thing that I didn't. She would still be gagging.....

oh my goddddddd that is so funny. who would have thunk it.

First of all,

Thanks for the answer to my question. As I said, not sure how much SEX yes I said it SEX we are going to have on this cruise, but I don't want to sleep in separate beds or try to DO IT on one of those tiny things. I outgrew that a LOOOOONG time ago. About the boys being easier, I USED to think so, until I had one kid ( now 19) who just totally went down the wrong path. Of course he has other issues, ( bipolar disorder and ADHD) but he has truly put us though more hell than anyone can imagine. My daughters are dream children and one of them will be 16 and the other is almost 11. I also have an 18 yr old son, as well as 13 yr old twin sons who are pretty easy kids. My husband keeps saying we should have stuck to dogs, but I understand you need to be careful what you wish for. I love all my children equally, and I LIKE a few of them better than others.

About the sex thing.....LOL My neice slept in our camper when she was about 9 and we thought she was asleep......about 10 years later she comes to me and says..."remember the time at Uncle Tom's when I slept in your camper?....I WASN'T ASLEEP and I HEARD YOU!!!!" We laugh now, but I was pretty horrified at the thought.

As for how people with lots of kids find time...my last daughter was concieved during an afternoon delight when all the rest of them were napping.

This has been quite entertaining for me and now I might just book that balcony room after all for us, and put the 4 other kids across the hall in an inside room. Thanks for the information I do appreciate it. Melissa

First of all,

Thanks for the answer to my question. As I said, not sure how much SEX yes I said it SEX we are going to have on this cruise, but I don't want to sleep in separate beds or try to DO IT on one of those tiny things. I outgrew that a LOOOOONG time ago. About the boys being easier, I USED to think so, until I had one kid ( now 19) who just totally went down the wrong path. Of course he has other issues, ( bipolar disorder and ADHD) but he has truly put us though more hell than anyone can imagine. My daughters are dream children and one of them will be 16 and the other is almost 11. I also have an 18 yr old son, as well as 13 yr old twin sons who are pretty easy kids. My husband keeps saying we should have stuck to dogs, but I understand you need to be careful what you wish for. I love all my children equally, and I LIKE a few of them better than others.

About the sex thing.....LOL My neice slept in our camper when she was about 9 and we thought she was asleep......about 10 years later she comes to me and says..."remember the time at Uncle Tom's when I slept in your camper?....I WASN'T ASLEEP and I HEARD YOU!!!!" We laugh now, but I was pretty horrified at the thought.

As for how people with lots of kids find time...my last daughter was concieved during an afternoon delight when all the rest of them were napping.

This has been quite entertaining for me and now I might just book that balcony room after all for us, and put the 4 other kids across the hall in an inside room. Thanks for the information I do appreciate it. Melissa

seems to me your not at too much of a loss for finding places to have sex with all of those kids around. What do you have? 6? you had really good odds. Sorry about the son who took the wrong path, but in general I would say girls are much more needy and whiny then boys.