FCC credit as OBC

jules815

Was told today by someone in management at MSC that any balance I have after my FCC has been applied to my new booking (I have almost $430), can be used as OBC.  In the past I'd been told that it could only be used for purchases online prior to the cruise. 

Can anyone else confirm this?

46 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Was told today by someone in management at MSC that any balance I have after my FCC has been applied to my new booking (I have almost $430), can be used as OBC.  In the past I'd been told that it could only be used for purchases online prior to the cruise. 

Can anyone else confirm this?

The excess amount will go towards the balance payment of the entire new Cruise fare.

12 minutes ago, drsel said:

The excess amount will go towards the balance payment of the entire new Cruise fare.

It did, but with the 125% FCC, we have a credit of $428 to be used for online purchases before cruise, or non-refundable OBC.

1 hour ago, bigblue1952 said:

We are in the same situation.  Our TA checked with MSC and was told that the extra fcc could be used for precruise purchases and the remainder will be obc.

Good to hear it from someone else. Really happy they decided to make it available as OBC too.