Would you book a US cruise this July 2021??

DimSum

I'm debating on booking a Caribbean cruise this July  since they are currently being advertised for the Memorial weekend sale.

Do you think these July cruises would actually?  Or am I just risking a potential cancellation?

I'm seeing lots of news of summer restarts in the US cruises industry but not sure if it will just get delayed.

Any thoughts?

Well, MSC hasn't even announced the necessary test cruises.   Their upcoming US experience is a total unknown.  There are better cruise line choices where you will know what you are purchasing and I expect a few more sailings to be announced soon.

I have my eyes on a July sailing on the Divina, but I refuse to pull the trigger. Part of me is saying “no big deal, if it cancels, I’ll just apply the FCC to another MSC cruise I have booked for December”, but part of me is also saying “Are you crazy?? Do you really want to tie even more money with MSC when past experience has shown you that they will not process any credits or refunds for months??”

So I’m deciding to wait for a bit more clarification. Too much uncertainty at this point in time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Everyone other than Celebrity is presumed to be approved for test sailings, so regular revenue sailings will lag behind. Celebrity has approval to sail Edge without test cruises but that is still somewhat hinging on the dramatics compliments of the governor. So for July in the Caribbean as OP noted Celebrity is the most  likely bet if you're wanting to book right now.