Miami Cruise-Ft Lauderdale flight-Hotel suggestion

BarnCat1

I am flying into Ft Lauderdale and cruising out of POM in the fall.  Checking hotels in both locations for one night pre-cruise. Something in a good area with some restaurants around would be ideal.  Price range around $250.00.  Some of the reviews of what were good hotels in both areas are a bit disturbing. Things sure have changed over the last few years since I was in the area.  

We almost always stay in one of the 17th Street hotels in Fort Lauderdale (Extended Stay America, Holiday Inn Express, or Hyatt), then use SAS for transportation to POM.  All are close to a variety of restaurants and stores.

Our cruise is in September; those hotels were all under $130.  I believe rates will go up in October.

• Like 1

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.  Shared shuttles to POM used to cost about $15 per person each way, or you can use Uber or Lyft for about $35+ for the car. Besides SAS (most often suggested on this board) check with QLS, MJS, and Go Airport.

Have a great cruise! 😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We almost always stay in one of the 17th Street hotels in Fort Lauderdale (Extended Stay America, Holiday Inn Express, or Hyatt), then use SAS for transportation to POM.  All are close to a variety of restaurants and stores.

Our cruise is in September; those hotels were all under $130.  I believe rates will go up in October.

Everything is a bit more for October. Good choice of restaurants in the area!  How far in advance should the shuttle be booked?  

5 hours ago, JohninDC said:

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.  Shared shuttles to POM used to cost about $15 per person each way, or you can use Uber or Lyft for about $35+ for the car. Besides SAS (most often suggested on this board) check with QLS, MJS, and Go Airport.

Have a great cruise! 😎

Thank you for the website.  I did a price calculation of Uber and Lyft and Lyft was much cheaper.  Might check out the shuttle, if it's $15/person, that is the best deal. 

OP (and anyone else looking at Fort Lauderdale hotel prices in October) - be aware that the annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is being held this year October 27 - October 31st.  Hotel prices are usually sky high and rooms usually sell out. 

15 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

Everything is a bit more for October. Good choice of restaurants in the area!  How far in advance should the shuttle be booked?  

Shuttle can be booked any time.  RideSAS will take you to the website.  $15 per person each way.  They only serve certain hotels; we used that to narrow down our hotel choice, which included the three I mentioned above.