My First Dining Pkg

Booked the dining pkg and I have a few questions...

1) It says they will make a complimentary reservation for me Day 1 & Day 2.   Is this required?  I don't want to use my pkg on Day 1 or Day 2.  Can I switch that??

2) Can you make reservations ahead of time?  I don't see the ability to make a reservation online using my pkg.  Is this another RCI tech failure?

17 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Booked the dining pkg and I have a few questions...

1) It says they will make a complimentary reservation for me Day 1 & Day 2.   Is this required?  I don't want to use my pkg on Day 1 or Day 2.  Can I switch that??

2) Can you make reservations ahead of time?  I don't see the ability to make a reservation online using my pkg.  Is this another RCI tech failure?

Yes, ususlly using it either night 1 or 2 is required.  You “might” find they will make an exception but do not count on it.  

You cannot make reservations in advance.

Both these conditions are why you are getting the package at a discount.  If you want more flexibility and control then you need to book each restaurant individually at full price.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, ususlly using it either night 1 or 2 is required.  You “might” find they will make an exception but do not count on it.  

You cannot make reservations in advance.

Both these conditions are why you are getting the package at a discount.  If you want more flexibility and control then you need to book each restaurant individually at full price.  

Ah, wish they were upfront about that.   Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

We purchased a 3 night dining package on Harmony and was able to move our night one to the MDR which is where we like to eat on the first night. We kept the 2nd night. I think they can be flexible and it never hurts to ask nicely.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

When you get on your ship go and change to whatever night you want . You could be jet lag , or sick or want to attend formal night .😇

I'm pretty sure you don't want to use 'sick' as a reason, especially once cruising resumes post Covid.  All your meals may then be from the comfort of your stateroom while under quarantine.  

• Like 2

IIRC, there was only a requirement to have a 'reservation' on Day 1 (or 2 I guess).  I didn't have a res for Day 1 on Symphony TA and doubt I had one on Day to at Jamie's.

My semi-educated guess was that the reservation was just for compatibility with the existing res app and billing.  Meaning, it was easier to charge it that way.

4 hours ago, rockmom said:

I'm pretty sure you don't want to use 'sick' as a reason, especially once cruising resumes post Covid.  All your meals may then be from the comfort of your stateroom while under quarantine.  

Oh you can't  get sea sick as if the staff care :classic_rolleyes: