Cabin Change On Board ex Liverpool 8 June Virtuosa

Staffordshirecruiser

Hi, wondered if anyone could advise?  I want to book from Liverpool, but the cabin choices are limited.  I like mid or aft, and am not a fan of the overhangs on the higher decks.  The Southampton departure on 5 June has some great options,  but Liverpool only has forward ones. Could I book, and then ask to change cabins when on board? Even if I had to pay it would be worth it?

thanks 

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

You definitely wouldn’t be able to change cabins when onboard.  There’s also always the risk that even your chosen cabin can be changed prior to boarding due to an “upgrade”.  

Also, they’re not using certain decks atm and reallocate cabins about a week before departure. On last weeks sailing (24th May) decks 8 & 9 were not in use. I was advised by MSC this was for operational reasons, however, another poster on here has stated they are being kept closed for quarantine purposes in case of a Covid outbreak.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Staffordshirecruiser said:

Hi, wondered if anyone could advise?  I want to book from Liverpool, but the cabin choices are limited.  I like mid or aft, and am not a fan of the overhangs on the higher decks.  The Southampton departure on 5 June has some great options,  but Liverpool only has forward ones. Could I book, and then ask to change cabins when on board? Even if I had to pay it would be worth it?

thanks 

We are on the 5th June from Southampton. We had a deck 8 balcony but on Friday that was changed to a guarantee and to date has not been assigned so even if you pick a cabin you may not end up in it! We're waiting with baited breath to see where we end up.