Perfect Day at CoCo Cay

I've never been to one of the private islands in the Caribbean, so I have a question. We're sailing on the Allure, Aug 29, and one of the stops is their private island. Can you get off the ship and enjoy some of the pools and activities, or are they all fee based? There is a package for all day pass at the waterpark. Do we have to pay in order to do anything?

19 minutes ago, dottedline said:

I've never been to one of the private islands in the Caribbean, so I have a question. We're sailing on the Allure, Aug 29, and one of the stops is their private island. Can you get off the ship and enjoy some of the pools and activities, or are they all fee based? There is a package for all day pass at the waterpark. Do we have to pay in order to do anything?

Nope. It is a beautiful beach/pool day,,, all for free.

If you want water slides, ziplines, private cabanas with servers... that costs $$$.

But most of the island including complimentary restaurants and snack bars, are all free. Get off the ship. Sit on a lounger on the beach, or lounger at the pool. Have some picnic food, then go back to the ship for an afternoon nap. 

• Like 1

Coco Cay has all the loungers and umbrellas already set up and free.  Labadee has locals that will set up your lounger and they do expect tips for this.  Haven't seen umbrellas there.