Solstice drydock

chief190

I have been watching Solstice during this down time. She definitely was in drydock for marine updates as it now has new exterior paint scheme. Does anybody know if anything else was done like new retreat deck area etc.

42 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I think that’s supposed to be “ there have been NO announcements”

Thanks for correcting my omission.  My brain was working faster than my fingers😊

• 4 weeks later...

I have booked a March 2023 cruise on the Solstice but I'm concerned about the lack of refurbishment.  I'm following this thread to hopefully stay on top of any announcements.  I really love the route we booked but I'm worried about the ship because I saw some reviews from 2019 and even back then they were saying the ship was pretty worn.

30 minutes ago, VioletView said:

I have booked a March 2023 cruise on the Solstice but I'm concerned about the lack of refurbishment.  I'm following this thread to hopefully stay on top of any announcements.  I really love the route we booked but I'm worried about the ship because I saw some reviews from 2019 and even back then they were saying the ship was pretty worn.

We have been on Solstice in Jan 2018 and Jan 2020 and I thought she was in very good shape.

We are supposed to be on her in Dec (we shall see) and the thought that she needs to be refurbished before then has not crossed my mind.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

Personally we find the furnishings on the ships that have not been revolutionized to be much more comfortable and useable.  If we had our way they would update the color scheme, replace carpeting, soft goods and redo the existing seating and not put in the uncomfortable sofas, chairs and useable tables.

• Like 1