Infinity appears to be headed to Athens...

cruise kitty

Just checking with marine traffic, & it appears that Infinity may be headed to Athens, (unless it's doing one of it's weird circle things again)   trying to decide why a ship that is supposed to sail out of Rome in 4 weeks would be headed to Athens right now...  would it be for fuel?  To pick up crew?  Just mild speculation on my part, any actual inside knowledge would be appreciated. 🙂  Or speculate away 🙂

From Athens to Rome is just a few days sailing for Infinity. So as long as it is in Rome on the 4th of July, it can still start the first cruise. I hope they are picking up crew.

It's just irritating that the guests who are supposed to sail on Infinity, myself included, have no knowledge of what is happening. Normaly check in would have been open by now for cruises early in July, but that is still closed as well. If they are picking up crew, it would be nice of X to let people know.

We were booked  on the 10/9 sailing from Lisbon to Barcelona and the TA that was to  follow.  The TA from Barcelona to FL was cancelled a few months back.  We recently cancelled out 10/9 cruise.   Now with the cancellation of Infinity sailing through July I don’t see much of a chance for the Infinity to sail soon.