Vision of the Seas

We just booked Vision of the Seas for a Western Med cruise for Sept 2022.  How is this ship?  I know there could have been many changes since Covid. We booked for the itinerary.  We loved the Jewel of the Seas.  Is this comparable?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinfever said:

I know there could have been many changes since Covid.

To the ship, no, to the life on the ship maybe, though 15 months from now it could be "normal". Use the main RCI thread drop down menu and choose Vision to see info about this ship.

Vision and Jewel are both older, smaller ships, but, they are not of the same class.  That being said, I think that many of the ships have a similar feel.  At least for me, things start to feel familiar pretty quickly once I board.

The Vision (Vision class) and Jewel (Radiance class)  probably have more in common in the way they "feel" as they are similarly sized ships with about the same amenities.  To me some of the more notable differences are the location of the Windjammer and the Solarium.  The WJ is forward on deck 9 and I love the seas views from that position while dining, however the layout of the buffet (at least how it was) wasn't my favorite.  The Solarium and Park Cafe are located towards the stern, once in awhile the roof was opened.  Passengers do not have access to the bow as is permitted on the Jewel since the bow on the Vision is a working area... anchors, mooring lines/winches etc. No hesitation sailing on either ship!

We last sailed on Vision in May 2019 and she was in great shape !!! We had true aft #8590 on this 12 night Med/Greece itinerary...one of the best cruises (itineraries to date) we've had !!!! Enjoy !!!

• Like 1

We booked cabin 7642 which is also an AFT corner cabin.  This will be our first time with an AFT cabin.  Are the balconies bigger?  I’m excited about seeing the wake of the ship.

Edited by cruisinfever

We booked cabin 7642 which is also an AFT corner cabin.  This will be our first time with an AFT cabin.  Are the balconies bigger?  I’m excited about seeing the wake of the ship.

Perhaps the old deck plan I'm looking at is wrong...but I see #7652 as the corner aft.

Regardless the true aft balcony's are a great size and the super structure is of no concern as you look out on that amazing wake view...Enjoy !!!

I believe 7642 is a connecting starboard cabin. 

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I believe 7642 is a connecting starboard cabin. 

Exactly what I was seeing as I mentioned above.....#7652 is the corner aft....assuming the poster was off on their number.