Post Cancellation

TheBluWho

Just had our Canal cruise cancelled. I'm suspecting this is due, at least partially, to Florida/DeSantis stance on vaccine proof being required. So as I look for my next cruise, I'm specifically excluding any that involve spending any time, and thus any money, in Florida.

The downside to that thinking is the Oct 27 trip has not been canceled yet and while it starts in San Diego it ends in Florida.  As far as the not spending money in Florida now I have to agree with you.  We looked at moving there on several occasions, I am glad now that it never worked out.

3 hours ago, TheBluWho said:

Just had our Canal cruise cancelled. I'm suspecting this is due, at least partially, to Florida/DeSantis stance on vaccine proof being required. So as I look for my next cruise, I'm specifically excluding any that involve spending any time, and thus any money, in Florida.

I think the reason is they now have to move Millennium to Alaska, as they cannot use Summit there this season.  That's why the the first two scheduled canal cruises cancelled, but October 27 is still a "go".

Mind you, I agree the Florida law is a problem, but not the problem that created this particular issue.

Harris

Denver, CO

6 hours ago, TheBluWho said:

Fine with me, we're crowded enough as it is.  You cruise cancellation is because your ship will no longer be on the west coast and thus unable to do a canal transit to the east coast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheBluWho said:

WOW!   Do you think you will be missed?

• Like 2