UK Cruisers with Celebrity this Summer with Children - Disappointing Update

Bigrob1983

I know it's slightly off topic, but I don't want to be on a cruise with unvaccinated people, whether children or crew. For that reason I have stayed away from MSC UK Summer cruises.

I'm hoping there will be no children on my upcoming Celebrity, Princess and Cunard trips in the next couple of months.

4 hours ago, Nick&Simon said:

I know it's slightly off topic, but I don't want to be on a cruise with unvaccinated people, whether children or crew. For that reason I have stayed away from MSC UK Summer cruises.

I'm hoping there will be no children on my upcoming Celebrity, Princess and Cunard trips in the next couple of months.

I’m on MSc now; everyone had to test negative before boarding g and temperature checks taken daily. Given the demographic on board I’d say everyone is probably vaccinated anyway and there are only 31 children on board. 

Edited by little britain

8 hours ago, little britain said:

I’m on MSc now; everyone had to test negative before boarding g and temperature checks taken daily. Given the demographic on board I’d say everyone is probably vaccinated anyway and there are only 31 children on board. 

That's good to hear. I have two cruise friends on the ship with you (independently) they are telling me that see having a fantastic time.

But I'm not going on a cruise anytime soon where unvaccinated passengers are allowed, tested it not. Irrational maybe, but tara were my mind is.

22 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm sorry for the OP's situation, but the fact is that vaccinating teenagers is the safest approach.

Not everyone is rushing to get their children and teens vaccinated.  Studies here (NY ) are underway for vaccines for  infants..but many folks are reluctant. Many other vacation choices are available .....

The big issue this week is whether or not masks will be required indoors at school....kids tired of breathing in their own germs and  maybe CO 2.

Sorry O P given  conflicting info...

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Not everyone is rushing to get their children and teens vaccinated.  Studies here (NY ) are underway for vaccines for  infants..but many folks are reluctant. Many other vacation choices are available .....

The big issue this week is whether or not masks will be required indoors at school....kids tired of breathing in their own germs and  maybe CO 2.

Sorry O P given  conflicting info...

Understood and respect those making that decision.  If those folks want to cruise with their kids, going to have to wait a while longer. I’m fully vaccinated and am waiting until 2022. Easy decision and choice that I made.

• Like 2

If someone does not want to vaccinate themselves or their children from this increasingly deadly disease they should confine their travels to places where they do not risk others.    The South American variant has killed over 900 children, a huge percentage of the deaths so far.   

4 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Understood and respect those making that decision.  If those folks want to cruise with their kids, going to have to wait a while longer. I’m fully vaccinated and am waiting until 2022. Easy decision and choice that I made.

Cruises will  likely be off the table for many families with unvaccinated children for quite awhile due to the uniquely confined spaces on ships. 

Happily, they can still enjoy their own  yards, pools,  local parks and beaches.  All good places to start the opening up process! Our grands enjoyed Busch Gardens and Disney last winter...masks  and distancing were required but not shots. But the family has no thought of cruising at this time.

We are fully vaccinated...hoping to cruise in 2022 to use up our fcc. But even we are a bit nervous about the ships!