Cruise booked.....a few questions

Laszlo

2 hours ago, ORV said:

I always feel a person should take off a hat or cap while dining, but shorts are acceptable at all venues on Oceania during breakfast or lunch, and in the Terrace in the evening. We can dislike something all we want, but it doesn't make it a violation of the dress code. 

I have a lot of pet peeves, but they're not binding on others. 

I should have been more specific. I was referring to dinner in the GDR or obviously, the specialty restaurants.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:39 PM, cotto22 said:

But I do agree that some attire is  not appropriate at a nice dining venue, such as my pet peeves: shorts and baseball caps. 

Now you got me going. Suffice it to say that many of the regulars on this board read my posts about the “gentleman” who sat next to me at the first seating of the evening at specialty restaurant Jacques in his baseball cap, telling me immediately that he had to wear it because he had PTS from Vietnam that required he always wear it.

I soon discovered that his attire was the least of my concerns when it became clear he was thoroughly soused that early in the evening. He disappeared often to tipple some more between courses (I kid you not!) and was gone so much the meal took forever. Gerry and I should have left as soon as we realized but first I was so amazed and appalled that I could not react and then I felt so bad for his wife. Every time I dine at Jacques I relive that memory, which has gone from anger that the Jacques manager actually seated him at all to determination never to accept that situation again and speak to management immediately to make him their problem rather than my problem.

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 10:24 PM, Norseh2o said:

I hesitated to comment in a negative way about Oceania as it is our preferred cruise line, only commented to suggest that not every Oceania cruiser considers ‘country club casual’ dress as depicted in the Oceania catalogs. 

You can complain you have all seen weird clothing on board..especially speedos on elderly and tight bathing suits on women that dont need tight..We have a good laugh in our cabin after seeing that..

LOL

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

They also do not allow men to wear caps at dinner..

Jancruz1

Nothing anyone else wears has ANY bearing on my enjoyment.  I’ve seen people say OMG I was offended/embarrassed. Why I ask, you don’t know them how does it embarrass you?

• Like 2

On 6/17/2021 at 6:56 PM, Roccaforte said:

On Riviera at the GDR we saw a gentleman turned away by the hostess because he was wearing shorts.  If someone wants to dress casually there’s always the Terrace Cafe or room service.  I like that there are standards to be upheld.  

I saw a couple turned away at the GDR for wearing flip flops to dinner.  I have to say we were glad to see that.

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, Jancruz said:

You can complain you have all seen weird clothing on board..especially speedos on elderly and tight bathing suits on women that dont need tight..We have a good laugh in our cabin after seeing that..

LOL

Jancruz1

That reminds me of a vision seared into my memory of an elderly, overweight couple on a beach near Nice - he in Speedos, & she topless !! Thank God I've never seen anything like that while cruising.

• Like 1