Barcelo Maya Riviera - LIVE - June 20-28

Saint Greg

I get through security and a…late teens early 20’s female it pitching a fit because her passport isn’t in her bin. Screaming at I’m assuming her mother or grandmother. I saw a passport come through outside of a bin and the lady back up the belt and put it in a bin. Don’t know if that was hers or not but I could still hear her screaming from the duty free shop.

• Like 4

At 1pm, 15 mins to boarding I thought I’d walk around some stores on the way to the gate. Get to the gate (64 ) and boy was I shocked to see a southwest jet sitting there. I go back to the screen which didn’t show a gate earlier but my boarding pass has 64, and the screen said gate 56. So here I am at gate 56.  Looks like the right spot. There’s an airplane out there and it’s even the right airline.

2869C361-F4DB-4D88-8BCA-030EEC012D39.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

I get to my seat and the person in the middle seat is….I’m sorry she doesn’t fit in her seat. She’s halfway in my seat. I sit down. I can’t find the armrest. I can’t get my arm down. I’m wedged between here and the right armrest. This is going to be an uncomfortable flight. Fortunately for me the manager comes back and tells her they have to move her to a different seat due to passenger safety with this being an exit row. I’m sure horribly embarrassing for her but there’s no way I would book a middle seat if I were her. I don’t book them now because I don’t want to be stuck between two people.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I get to my seat and the person in the middle seat is….I’m sorry she doesn’t fit in her seat. She’s halfway in my seat. I sit down. I can’t find the armrest. I can’t get my arm down. I’m wedged between here and the right armrest. This is going to be an uncomfortable flight. Fortunately for me the manager comes back and tells her they have to move her to a different seat due to passenger safety with this being an exit row. I’m sure horribly embarrassing for her but there’s no way I would book a middle seat if I were her. I don’t book them now because I don’t want to be stuck between two people.

Could’ve been one of those people that didn’t buy a seat and was just assigned. I can’t see anyone actually paying for a middle seat. She probably didn’t disclose that she’d actually need a larger seat. Perhaps that’s why they moved her, probably had nothing to do with being an exit row.

14 minutes ago, blarko said:

Could’ve been one of those people that didn’t buy a seat and was just assigned. I can’t see anyone actually paying for a middle seat. She probably didn’t disclose that she’d actually need a larger seat. Perhaps that’s why they moved her, probably had nothing to do with being an exit row.

I don’t think it was assigned. I checked last night to see if anyone was next to me so maybe I could move to another aisle exit row that didn’t have someone in the middle seat. They were all booked. But plenty of regular seats were available. And the $50 upgrades in the front of the plane which is where they moved her. Her and her friend booked those seats sometime after I did because it was an empty row when I booked. Her friend didn’t move because they couldn’t be next to each other in the front of the plane.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1