Welsh Cruisers and Covid passport issues

broooce

Just wondering if anyone else from Wales is wondering how we will provide vaccine proof. I’ve had both jabs and in Wales we don’t have the same info on the app that applies to England. 

There is a number to call if you need a certificate but the system only shows one jab for me and despite about ten phone calls they can’t seem to sort this issue out.

I fear I may have to cancel just because I can’t prove I have had both jabs except on the little card you get

Oh my goodness what a nightmare for you.   I know the English and Welsh systems are working differently.  I assume your 2nd Jab was long enough ago that it should be visible.  In England it says 5 days, but to be honest for most of us it seems to appear instantly. 

you have your card so I would be contacting my GP surgery for them to check why your records are not up to date.  I know the message is do not contact GP’s about Vaccination proof, but I would be concerned about inaccurate medical records.  What if an issue came to light about the batch you had, but the system didn’t know you had it? 

P&O have stated they will not accept the cards, if you do not have the official certification you will be denied boarding at your own expense.

How long before you sail?

• Like 1

So sorry you are in that situation, I think I would move my booking as it’s getting too close to the 30 day mark.  If the vaccination issue rights itself you could try and move it back to the 15th.  
P&O are quite clear on the proof they will accept.

I wonder whether it’s the same for everyone in Wales, or just a one-off. If you like, I could phone tomorrow and ask for a certificate - I presume they’re free - just to see what happens not that I’m going to need one! I had my second jab on June 3rd so it should be on the system. Do you have a phone number?

38 minutes ago, broooce said:

We sail 15th July.  Had my second jab 11th May. GP says both are recorded on their system. It’s a bit of a shambles as they keep saying it’s an IT issue!!

It’s really not good enough. I’ve had enough of companies blaming their IT systems recently. 

5 minutes ago, broooce said:

The phone number is 0300 303 5667

Is there a list somewhere of what proof P & O will accept?

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail?fbclid=IwAR3FOm_A07yH6mhMC8V5VBq6u7GnxxmcuAiFq3LXXT20svCkp7YBpaTav64

it’s here.  It refers to the Welsh having an app, I had read on the gov.uk site that there should be one available, shortly.

19 hours ago, broooce said:

Just wondering if anyone else from Wales is wondering how we will provide vaccine proof. I’ve had both jabs and in Wales we don’t have the same info on the app that applies to England. 

There is a number to call if you need a certificate but the system only shows one jab for me and despite about ten phone calls they can’t seem to sort this issue out.

I fear I may have to cancel just because I can’t prove I have had both jabs except on the little card you get

I have just phoned the number and both my jabs had been logged properly, the second was on 3rd June. I was told that the certificate would be valid until next year but the gentleman also said that it was hoped that there would be an app before long. I also enquired on behalf of my husband but his second jab was only last Friday and  he said that it would take 5 working days to show up. 
I really hope they sort it out for you broooce. 

23 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Here's the info you need . Have to wait five days from the date of your second jab to apply . Can take up to ten days to come through so worth doing asap.

https://gov.wales/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

Like most things, when it works, it’s simple, but broooce had the 2nd jab in May and there’s a glitch somewhere. I was only on the phone for about 3 minutes today and I could have ordered mine without a problem. Brooce has already made about 10 phone calls, in vain. But it’s always good to highlight these things in case some people are unaware! 

1 minute ago, Ardennais said:

Like most things, when it works, it’s simple, but broooce had the 2nd jab in May and there’s a glitch somewhere. I was only on the phone for about 3 minutes today and I could have ordered mine without a problem. Brooce has already made about 10 phone calls, in vain. But it’s always good to highlight these things in case some people are unaware! 

Good to know there may be issues  . I'm trying to get my OH to get her second jab sorted as we are looking at the July 15th sailing so need to get it sorted.

• Like 1

More fruitless phone calls today.

Rang P & O who won’t take letter from GP which is fair enough they have to have rules and stick by them. Said they would give me another 14 days to sort it out and allow me to change to another date for free.

Very frustrating but there are bigger problems of course.

3 hours ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Good to know there may be issues  . I'm trying to get my OH to get her second jab sorted as we are looking at the July 15th sailing so need to get it sorted.

If she hasn’t had her second jab, you’re really pushed for time if you hope to make the July 15th sailing. I think you have to have the 2nd jab 3 weeks before sailing? Also wait 5 working days for it to be logged onto the system and a further 10 days for the certificate to arrive after you phone to request it. Of course the certification bit can happen within the 3 week period! Still, if there were postal delays, it could be a close shave so in your wife’s situation I would really look to getting the 2nd jab asap. 

22 minutes ago, broooce said:

Rang P & O who won’t take letter from GP which is fair enough they have to have rules and stick by them. Said they would give me another 14 days to sort it out and allow me to change to another date for free.

That’s very unfortunate for you. Even if you changed dates, there’s no way of knowing if/when they’ll sort out the problem. Is there an escalation process? 

1 hour ago, broooce said:

I’m glad P& O were as helpful as they could be.  But a dreadful situation for you to be caught in. 

if I was you I would stop the phone calls and revert to email, as people can’t hide from written proof of contact.  Can you bring it to the attention of your MP?  That’s what I would be doing, the failure of their system is putting your, within guidelines, holiday at risk.  I bet it just needs someone to take ownership of the issue and input your details. I hope you get it sorted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

I’m glad P& O were as helpful as they could be.  But a dreadful situation for you to be caught in. 

if I was you I would stop the phone calls and revert to email, as people can’t hide from written proof of contact.  Can you bring it to the attention of your MP?  That’s what I would be doing, the failure of their system is putting your, within guidelines, holiday at risk.  I bet it just needs someone to take ownership of the issue and input your details. I hope you get it sorted.

Good advice. And your MS as health is a devolved issue. Better still, all your regional members in one e-mail. The more pressure the merrier! 

• Like 1

Small update. Ordered my partners certificate today who had both jabs at same surgery and her second only last week, two minutes and done without issue so suggests an issue with the way my info has been entered.

Did get a phone call from one of the managers who explained the info is stored on a new system called WIS which he said they built in about a week!! He suggested speaking to the surgery again so that’s my next job and will be visiting there in the morning.

Also complained to the NHS and someone from the vaccine team phoned me and said they would look into it.

Trying to remain hopeful 😃

• Like 2

I am having exactly the same issue.  I had my second jab on 4th June and rang the 0300 303 5667 number today to be told they have no record of my vaccinations!  They suggested I contact my GP's surgery, which I did and was told they don't have records on anyone's covid vaccinations - (including my mother's who they checked for me when I told them she has received her certificate).  We both had our jabs at Mass Vaccination Centres.  

I don't know where to go now.  I don't travel until the end of July, so just hoping it is sorted by then!

Michele

On 6/13/2021 at 8:02 PM, broooce said:

Hi Broooce I received an invite for my Covid jab in the post today, even though I’d had both my jabs. I called the number on the letter to cancel the new appointment and was told that my 1st jab hadn’t been recorded on the system. The person on the phone asked me to provide the batch number of my 1st jab and she then updated the system. The batch number should be on the card you were given.

The number to call to have the system updated is 0300 084 0004 which is different to the one you call to get the certificate. The above number is open until 6pm Mon-Fri and until 1pm Sat &Sun. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mewat said:

I am having exactly the same issue.  I had my second jab on 4th June and rang the 0300 303 5667 number today to be told they have no record of my vaccinations!  They suggested I contact my GP's surgery, which I did and was told they don't have records on anyone's covid vaccinations - (including my mother's who they checked for me when I told them she has received her certificate).  We both had our jabs at Mass Vaccination Centres.  

I don't know where to go now.  I don't travel until the end of July, so just hoping it is sorted by then!

Michele

For your info

22 minutes ago, matmoo said:

Hi Broooce I received an invite for my Covid jab in the post today, even though I’d had both my jabs. I called the number on the letter to cancel the new appointment and was told that my 1st jab hadn’t been recorded on the system. The person on the phone asked me to provide the batch number of my 1st jab and she then updated the system. The batch number should be on the card you were given.

The number to call to have the system updated is 0300 084 0004 which is different to the one you call to get the certificate. The above number is open until 6pm Mon-Fri and until 1pm Sat &Sun. Hope this helps.