Majestic Princess space for knitting

JimnKaren

We intend to be on Majestic Princess some time in the future. Karen knits. She needs good light and a space where the other knitters can sit in a reasonable spot and talk about me!! Where are the good spots for those sea days or the days when we don't arrive before noon?

Jim

Some suggestions of my own but the times may vastly vary when it comes to convenience or if they have some event/occasion that blocks these venues, and of course, things may change post-COVID:

• Deck 7 -
    • Bistro Sur La Mer (I believe it might be a "suites-only" area for breakfast, though)
    • Crooner's (known as "VIP Gaming" on the deck plan right now; again check for any possible events that might block you all out)
    • This might sound weird, but the tables and chairs in the middle of the "Shops of Princess" area -- if you've been on Sky, they're identical, but if you've only been on Regal/Royal/etc., they are basically sets of 4-ish comfy blue armchairs with small coffee tables in the middle -- note that the area could get crowded once they do their apparel sales and what not
    • Vista Lounge 
  • Deck 14 -
    • Check out the "Meeting Suite" and also make sure the patter doesn't show there won't be any events that will force you out quickly after settling, but otherwise, it should be a quiet and private place (not really any tables, though) 
      • I'm pretty sure this is otherwise known as the "Wedding Chapel" on other ships? Someone can correct me.
  • Deck 16 -
    • the most obvious place, but World Fresh Marketplace (AKA Horizon Court buffet) and the eating areas outside of it on the aft
      • just be mindful of how many spaces you take, but off-peak hours should be great for sitting and knitting
  • Deck 17 -
    • Conservatory
      • get there early to get a great cabana-like area or table 
        • I don't know if they will charge once the ship sails in North America, but before, it has been all free

Check the Patter. My wife attends the Knitters and Natters meetings. It's just folks who get together to do various needlework and gab. Mostly women but there have been times where a man or two would join the group and do needlework of one kind or another. My wife takes her tatting because it's small and easy to carry. There have been a couple of times when the ship staff "assigned" them a venue for a day or two that was totally unsatisfactory in that it had poor lighting. Obviously the person who did that had no idea what was needed. Usually though it's in a well lighted area.

• Like 1

Probably the best location and times would be the ones posted in the Patter, if any, for knitters and natters. This is usually a seldom used daytime location like the Crown Grill, LaMer or maybe a section of one of the closed DR's. On your own you will have to search out what feels best for you, outside sun or shade, inside maybe one of the lounges that is not active during the day, a back corner of say the Vista Lounge or the Hollywood Conservatory, comfortable chair by the aft wake view bar and so on. You may also like the seating area outside of Princess Live along the windows. I would not go to the buffet area. It's too active. The staff rotates which tables and areas are open. Entire sections can be closed during certain hours. Lots of people coming and going. In the covid era, probably certain protocols when entering. 

Edited by skynight

4 hours ago, skynight said:

Probably the best location and times would be the ones posted in the Patter, if any, for knitters and natters. This is usually a seldom used daytime location like the Crown Grill, LaMer or maybe a section of one of the closed DR's.

The dining rooms are one of the areas that don't work well. Crooner's works well. Adagio works well. Skywalker's works well. The dining rooms aren't setup for socializing which is a major part of the Knitters and Natters meetings. They also aren't all that well lighted.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

The dining rooms are one of the areas that don't work well. Crooner's works well. Adagio works well. Skywalker's works well. The dining rooms aren't setup for socializing which is a major part of the Knitters and Natters meetings. They also aren't all that well lighted.

Agree, but a DR might be the area initially set up by the staff for this self directed activity. If so, after the first meet then decide on another location. I have seen card players and other self directed groups in a DR. You can not decide on your own to use a DR. They are normally closed. 

Edited by skynight