Can't sign in to Celebrity site to complete online check in

Indy_Girl46

Hi,

I just called Celebrity about checking in for the Celebrity Summit's July 10 cruise. The representative said that check-in is not available at this time. Apparently, there is a delay due to the change in ships. She said that I would receive notice when check-in is available. 

Chuck

14 hours ago, pasta1 said:

I only have  a computer, will I be able to do online check in and print boarding pass? If not what is the process?

Hi, this is the issue I had as my parents needed a printed boarding pass.  I checked in for them online and when I had done that it said I now needed to download the app.  I did that on my own phone but that's no good for them and I couldn't see a way to print it from there.  About an hour later I went back to my parents check in page and there was a link to 'print xpress pass' so I was able to print paper copies for them.  Therefore they won't need to use an app at all.

Hello,

I am not the happiest bunny in the world over the need for the use of a smart 'phone app to check-in. I do have a smart 'phone - two in fact, a BlackBerry and a Windows 10 'phone.

I have put my (or their) problem to both RCI & X, as has my TA, and we are awaiting a response that is now past due. Methinks they do not yet have a 'Plan B'.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I am not the happiest bunny in the world over the need for the use of a smart 'phone app to check-in. I do have a smart 'phone - two in fact, a BlackBerry and a Windows 10 'phone.

I have put my (or their) problem to both RCI & X, as has my TA, and we are awaiting a response that is now past due. Methinks they do not yet have a 'Plan B'.

Regards,

Cublet

Blackberry was hands down the BEST mobile device I ever owned!

28 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Not thinking it's right or wrong not to support other smart operating systems.  But, both Windows Phone support by Microsoft ceased  in 2019 and Blackberry market share has dropped to .01% as of March of 2021.  Personally, I don't think you're going to get much in the way of support on either of those platforms.  I guess you can wait, but I would have a back up plan.

I know you can get a refurb Apple iPod touch (which still is supported) for under $100.  

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Not thinking it's right or wrong not to support other smart operating systems.  But, both Windows Phone support by Microsoft ceased  in 2019 and Blackberry market share has dropped to .01% as of March of 2021.  Personally, I don't think you're going to get much in the way of support on either of those platforms.  I guess you can wait, but I would have a back up plan.

I know you can get a refurb Apple iPod touch (which still is supported) for under $100.  

2019 may only be 2 years ago but it is a lifetime for IT.  I've never been a fan of forcing any technology on folks, though.  X really should have a workaround for this even if they don't want it to be common knowledge. 

17 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

2019 may only be 2 years ago but it is a lifetime for IT.  I've never been a fan of forcing any technology on folks, though.  X really should have a workaround for this even if they don't want it to be common knowledge. 

True....but support of tech that is no longer being sold is not a priority.  The effort for a workaround would not be insignificant.  Hard to justify on such a dead platform.

Personally, I wouldn't expect such a workaround to be coming any time soon (if ever)!

Edited by graphicguy

16 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

True....but support of tech that is no longer being sold is not a priority.  The effort for a workaround would not be insignificant.  Hard to justify on such a dead platform.

Personally, I wouldn't expect such a workaround to be coming any time soon (if ever)!

I agree that there are likely not enough folks in this situation to make a software based fix to be cost effective.  But ignoring the problem isn't such a great idea either.  Could be a manual workaround would do - something the helpdesk could handle for the few times it might come up. 

4 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I agree that there are likely not enough folks in this situation to make a software based fix to be cost effective.  But ignoring the problem isn't such a great idea either.  Could be a manual workaround would do - something the helpdesk could handle for the few times it might come up. 

I get it.  

I think what Royal, Celebrity and the rest are trying to do is to make this as "touchless" as possible because of the health protocols (plus I'm sure there's a financial savings, too).  Checking in on like removes a lot of the manual and physical check in overhead.

The problem, they can't support each and every known mobile and desktop operating system ever developed.  

Good luck to you, though!

3 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

When Sharon and I made the call last week to the help desk she asked the agent what they were doing for people who can't or won't use a smart phone. The agent replied that they have a solution for those people, but she didn't explain it.

I don't like taking my phone with me, other than for possible emergencies, and I don't think I will like having to carry it around the darn ship so I can get back in my stateroom. The seapass card will continue to work fine for me, personally. I am wed to my wife, not my damn phone.

6 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

When Sharon and I made the call last week to the help desk she asked the agent what they were doing for people who can't or won't use a smart phone. The agent replied that they have a solution for those people, but she didn't explain it.

I don't like taking my phone with me, other than for possible emergencies, and I don't think I will like having to carry it around the darn ship so I can get back in my stateroom. The seapass card will continue to work fine for me, personally. I am wed to my wife, not my damn phone.

I've been in IT for over 40 years.  I've worked with good helpdesks and with horrible helpdesks.  Nearly all the agents I've worked with on Princess, X and RCL have been pretty good.  I wouldn't have accepted this agent not explaining the solution or at least how to get the ball rolling.  Worth another call.

13 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I get it.  

I think what Royal, Celebrity and the rest are trying to do is to make this as "touchless" as possible because of the health protocols (plus I'm sure there's a financial savings, too).  Checking in on like removes a lot of the manual and physical check in overhead.

The problem, they can't support each and every known mobile and desktop operating system ever developed.  

Good luck to you, though!

I'm fine with it.  Wife and I both have fairly new iphones and downloaded the app.  My only problem now is that OCI isn't available yet for our August Equinox ABC.  Plenty of time but if we get inside 30 days I may have to spend some time on the phone.

• Like 1