Entering Independent Flight info in Personalizer for Seattle

RRFan

I haven't seen this topic and was wondering if anyone else has had a problem.  We fly Southwest from Dallas Love Field to Seattle for a Sept cruise.  I've always entered independent flight info in my personalizer.  As you type Dallas it pops up with Dallas (DFW) or Dallas Love (DAL).  I select DAL and Dallas Love shows in the departing blank.  When I type Seattle in the arriving blank it pops up with Seattle (SEA) and I select that and it fills the blank with Seattle.  Then when I'm done, it gives me an error and says "the arrival city code is not valid.  Please delete the record and enter the corrected information." 

I don't guess it's not a big problem, but we do have a PCL transfer and we arrive the day before and will be at the airport early that morning and want to catch the earliest transfer bus.  If they don't have us as arriving early, I don't want to be shifted to a late transfer.  In the past, we just check in with the airport reps and first come, first load, but we've never had a problem entering our flight info either.  Just curious if anyone else sailing on Majestic this summer has had this problem?

Edited by RRFan

We're on the Majestic in August, flying from Sacramento to Seattle. I was able to enter the flights into Personalizer without getting the glitch you got. I think we're all set with that, but who can tell since everything is moving over to the app. Our flights ought to carry over, but will they?

The real purpose of the independent flight info in the Personalizer is so Princess can verify that embarkation day flights are scheduled to arrive within their guidelines and that disembarkation day flights depart within their guidelines.

Since you are flying in the day before, the information really does not matter.

If you are trying to fill it in so Princess knows when you might be on a bus to the ship, just pick some flight that arrives shortly before the time you want to get on a xfer bus.

22 hours ago, RRFan said:

I haven't seen this topic and was wondering if anyone else has had a problem.  We fly Southwest from Dallas Love Field to Seattle for a Sept cruise.  I've always entered independent flight info in my personalizer.  As you type Dallas it pops up with Dallas (DFW) or Dallas Love (DAL).  I select DAL and Dallas Love shows in the departing blank.  When I type Seattle in the arriving blank it pops up with Seattle (SEA) and I select that and it fills the blank with Seattle.  Then when I'm done, it gives me an error and says "the arrival city code is not valid.  Please delete the record and enter the corrected information." 

I don't guess it's not a big problem, but we do have a PCL transfer and we arrive the day before and will be at the airport early that morning and want to catch the earliest transfer bus.  If they don't have us as arriving early, I don't want to be shifted to a late transfer.  In the past, we just check in with the airport reps and first come, first load, but we've never had a problem entering our flight info either.  Just curious if anyone else sailing on Majestic this summer has had this problem?

WHY???? I'm flying in the day before, taking the metro downtown, sightseeing, then taking the hotel shuttle to the pier. Why would you fly in, stay at a hotel, return to the airport to catch a ride to the pier? Not knocking your choice just baffled