Royal Suite on the Millennium

tigger8792

I have a few question about the royal suite on the Millennium? This will be our first time on Celebrity and in a royal suite, so any other tips or answer would be greatly appreciated.

1. Can we get in the Persian Garden and use the spa area for free or do we still have to pay a fee?

2. Can we eat in any specialty restaurant any time for free?   For example can we have lunch and dinner on the same day?

3. Is there a bar in the retreat sundeck area? 

$. We will be celebrating my wife's 50th birthday (I didn't say that out loud 😁) anything I should get them to do to celebrate her birthday?

Thanks for any help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigger8792 said:

I have a few question about the royal suite on the Millennium? This will be our first time on Celebrity and in a royal suite, so any other tips or answer would be greatly appreciated.

1. Can we get in the Persian Garden and use the spa area for free or do we still have to pay a fee?

2. Can we eat in any specialty restaurant any time for free?   For example can we have lunch and dinner on the same day?

3. Is there a bar in the retreat sundeck area? 

$. We will be celebrating my wife's 50th birthday (I didn't say that out loud 😁) anything I should get them to do to celebrate her birthday?

Thanks for any help. 

1) If you are Elite + you will get a one day pass to Persian Gardens on a port day.  Otherwise, you have to pay for a pass.

2) Yes you can eat in any specialty restaurant for free.  But, they will only have lunch once on your cruise on a sea day and the specialty restaurants on M class are very limited, IMO. You can go to Sushi on 5 and everything will be included.

3) I'm not sure if there is a bar but they will get you drinks if not.

4) I celebrated my birthday on board and the Butler decorated our door and probably some other things.  Just make sure they know it is her birthday.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1

I have been in a royal suite on Infinity twice so I can answer a few of these questions. 

1. Persian garden is technically not included but sometimes they offer it free to higher level suite guests. When we were in a villa on Edge they gave it to us for free - we wouldn't have known except our butler told us. So, if you don't hear anything about it, just ask your butler.

2. The specialty dining is included except for the chef's table dinner. Even the a la carte Sushi on 5 is free for anything you order. We did lunch and dinner several times in specialty restaurants.

3. I don't know if there is a bar in the retreat sundeck area on Millenium but there are servers there - I believe they serve both drinks and light food.

4.  You will be contacted by a shoreside concierge before your cruise, you can let them know you will be celebrating a birthday. Also let your butler know and he/she will work with you to arrange something special for no extra charge. We celebrated our 20th anniversary and they surprised us with a special cake at dinner as well as chocolate strawberries, a fruit plate and champagne waiting in our suite when we came back from the show. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tigger8792 said:

We will be celebrating my wife's 50th birthday (I didn't say that out loud 😁) anything I should get them to do to celebrate her birthday?

We’re staying in a Sky Suite (ML 6/19 sailing) and a few days ago received an email with a link. The link took me to a form that asked me a few questions about my preferences, including if I was celebrating anything while onboard and what day I wanted to celebrate. Not sure what they will do with that information, but I thought it was a nice touch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cdresser said:

I have been in a royal suite on Infinity twice so I can answer a few of these questions. 

1. Persian garden is technically not included but sometimes they offer it free to higher level suite guests. When we were in a villa on Edge they gave it to us for free - we wouldn't have known except our butler told us. So, if you don't hear anything about it, just ask your butler.

Good to know.  We are sailing Edge for the first time and are in a Royal Suite and would like to try the Persian Garden equivalent.

• Like 1

First, congrats on the Royal Suite, you're going to have an amazing experience.  Most of your questions have been expertly answered already I see.  I will add that Luminae is also available just for suite guests and I generally enjoy their lunches more than many of their dinner options.  Ok, mainly I go for the specialty burger they offer at lunch! :) 

I don't remember there being a bar you can sit at in the retreat sundeck, as I would have certainly done so if that was an option, but they were very quick with drink orders.  They likely have a bar setup just inside they utilize.  There is plenty of room up there and great views.

I'd also reiterate that you should tell the shoreside concierge about the birthday celebration.  They will usually do something fun for you that day.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

We love royal suites did it last year on sister ship, yes all restaurants are included, but favorite restaurant is the suite restaurant Luminae, service is great . You also get a bar setup in your room you can choose scotch of your choice and vodka you get liter bottles. Mini bar gets updated daily with your choice of beer , soda and mixers. Fabulous balcony with small hot tub. Also a bottle of champagne. 

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

If they are still doing this, you will get 2 monogramed robes that are nice and plush.  They no longer include them automatically, just tell your butler you want them.

If you don't drink alcohol you can request wine or champagne in lieu of the 2 bottles of alcohol.  We always request Tattinger. Your butler will also replenish what ever wine you drink. (We are not beer, alcohol or soft drink drinkers so love the wine options.)

If you are sailing to Alaska the retreat sun deck will be great for glacier viewing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

If they are still doing this, you will get 2 monogramed robes that are nice and plush.  They no longer include them automatically, just tell your butler you want them.

If you don't drink alcohol you can request wine or champagne in lieu of the 2 bottles of alcohol.  We always request Tattinger. Your butler will also replenish what ever wine you drink. (We are not beer, alcohol or soft drink drinkers so love the wine options.)

If you are sailing to Alaska the retreat sun deck will be great for glacier viewing.

They keep bringing wine the whole week? I thought you just get the two bottles and that’s it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Should I ask about the 2 monogramed robes before we leave or when we get on the cruise?

We were able to get a bottle of wine when we asked, not Tattinger, usually the red they pour in the Retreat Lounge.  

The shore side concierge can confirm if they are still giving them and if so, tell your butler that you want them.  They will be delivered mid cruise for you to take home.  There will be robes in the suite for your use onboard.

• Like 1

On the monogrammed robes...these are only included on revolutionized ships so Millenium will have them. We got them on the Edge but not on the Infinity. In the Edge villa, we were supplied the monogrammed robes on the first day, they were displayed nicely on the bed when we first got to the room. After a few days they took them away and replaced them with non-monogrammed versions so they could have our monogrammed ones cleaned for the trip home. I love this robe. It is comfortable and fits a wide variety of sizes (I'm 5'0" so one size does not always fit all - I had to roll up the sleeves but I have to do that for anything long sleeved). During our pandemic hibernation, it was a wonderful "comfort blanket" because I would put it on and be surrounded by the glorious memories of that vacation.

On the 2 bottles of alcohol, the shoreside concierge will give you a list to choose from. If you want something not on the list, just ask. If it is within reason they will supply it - especially if it is already stocked on the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We were able to get a bottle of wine when we asked, not Tattinger, usually the red they pour in the Retreat Lounge.  

The shore side concierge can confirm if they are still giving them and if so, tell your butler that you want them.  They will be delivered mid cruise for you to take home.  There will be robes in the suite for your use onboard.

When we were in sky suite our butler asked us if we wanted another bottle after we had finished the first. Because of the drink package we didn’t even open our two bottles and took them home still have a half of bottle of the macallen scotch in my liquor cabinet. Correct we couldn’t get robes in our last royal suite since it was not updated.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We received an email from Celebrity just like a previous poster stated they did.  It looks like technology has replaced the phone call from the concierge.