Chef's Table Question for Current Cruisers

molymoo

We have SSP on Bermuda cruise.   Yes they use long stem wine glasses for SSP at Chefs Table (or if you buy the premium at 25 pp).

interestingly, this trip the wine chooses had different varietal wines for some specific courses.  For example on one course the premium was a Tempranillo and the regular was a Merlot.  
another time one was Chile Chardonnay and the premium was Mendoza (Argentina) Chardonnay.    In both these different cases, I asked the wine steward if I could try both premium and regular.  Not a problem.  Another stemmed glass arrived!  Very accommodating...🍷

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 12:02 PM, Azulann said:

Someone who was on Viking Orion June 15 cruise ate in Chef Table first night . It was the Mexican menu .

we have reservations the third night on our cruise in July . Looking forward to a wonderful dinner. 
if I remember right wine pairing without silver beverage package is $25 per person. 

Azulan - on our June 29 cruise it is:

days 1,2:  Asian Panorama

says 3,4,5:  Mexican

days 6,7:  California 

• Like 1

On Sky 18 months ago the Chef;s Table menu had a 5 day rotation. We had Asian, Scandinavian, British Isles, Mexican and something else (?). DH and I loved the food there, but then we generally love tasting menus. I thought the portions were large and certainly much larger than tasting menus I have had in land-based restaurants, though admittedly those can sometimes run upwards of 20 courses. We have no dietary limits and are what one might call "adventure eaters", but I think the key to a tasting menu is the word "taste". If a dish is not to your liking, be patient and another dish will come along shortly.

Also, just FYI, the sushi restaurant in the World Cafe had some of the best sushi I have ever had. We were in Norway in winter so that might be a factor, but given the Icelandic's love for fish, I'm hoping for similar quality here.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 3:45 PM, Cybercsp said:

Can someone tell me what the wine pairing charge is if you do not have the Silver Spirits package?

On my recent VVenus cruise it was $25 - not much of a drinker however it was well worth the extra - the sommelier discussed each selection and the reason for its choice with that course and I must say some I would never have thought off - a sherry with the starter - it worked really well and added to the entire experience - after all the courses and no, I didnt finish any of the glasses - even so I was relieved not to be wearing my serious high heels or maybe it was a bumpy sea!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3