1 COVID positive passenger and 4 quarantining on 6/15 Orion Bermuda Cruise

B_A_H

6 hours ago, shadowlover said:

We are talking about vaccinated people being tested.  Statistically when you mass test a low risk population you will get more false positives.  It is my guess (as well as everyone there by the looks of it) that the positive test was likely a false positive.  But- even if it wasn't a false positive, the risk of a vaccinated person wearing a mask actually contracting covid from this positive person (who was also vaccinated and wearing a mask) is extremely low.

Y'all got it backwards.  False negatives are orders of magnitude more likely.  So, one should not be able to negate a positive test with one negative test.

It's too bad many liked that post.  It shows a lot of misunderstanding of the tests.  Check reputable sites like Harvard Medical School and Johns-Hopkins.

1 hour ago, gailellen12 said:

How do you upload your COVID test results to the Bermuda Authorization form?  I am a tech challenged senior who is traveling solo on Aug 3. I am a part time teacher and I really need this nice vacation. it has been my toughest teaching  year and I have been doing it a looong time!  ps. I am also looking for help from friends And family as well. Gailellen12 

Where to start??? Use your phone/tablet, if you have one, and take a photo of your test results. Once you take a photo it creates a file wherever your photos are stored.

While filling out the Bermuda Travel Authirization, on the same device you took the photo with, when you get to the part to submit your results there is a drop down box and you can pick a "jpeg" file. Select the photo you took. Do the same for your shot card.

If you can't do this, you really need some help. Perhaps a senior center nearby. This trip has a lot of complexities and a lot of endurance and technology is required to be successful. 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 10:08 AM, B_A_H said:

Viking allowed/facilitated a gathering of reportedly 35 people for him to host an in-suite party and dinner in the dining room.

"Money talks"...always has, always will.....

Wishing everyone on these first cruises the best, but, I'm so glad I have no cruises booked till next year. So sorry to hear issues have arisen this quickly in the Bermuda schedule. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MRGACRUZR said:

We are enjoying the sea day. We splurged and got an Explorers suite on the back of the ship. We're "resting" on the daybed on the wrap around deck, listening to the ocean go by.

It will be the saliva test. They gave us some info today with our luggage tags. They will provide us with the test results but, not sure if it will be based on tomorrow's spit test or Tuesdays. All cabins have to be vacated by 8AM. So far, based on the folks I've talked to, departures from the ship are around noon. Not sure why they aren't just dumping us at the airport; waiting for test results, agreement not to clog the airport, I just don't know. So, I guess we'll land in the Explorers lounge for 4 hours. Better than the airport.

Oh so glad you upgraded to an  Explorer Suite at the aft. We will be in the DV1 next to those. I love being on the aft of a ship.  My first morning on the Orion I will order room service for breakfast and sit on our balcony! 

Only 24 days left till.... cruising again.

Edited by Azulann

7 hours ago, MRGACRUZR said:

We had to call the telephone number on the acknowledgement, from Bermuda, to get ours approved after waiting 48 hours. There was talk of a glitch in a new system. It has been wonderful. No lines for anything. Three waiters trying to help you at the same time, never wanting for a drink. It's been wonderful.

Now thats getting close to the level of service we received.

Once our glasses were 1/2 empty, the bar stewards often brought fresh drinks. In the Star Theatre, just before the show started, our favourite waiter always dropped a couple of fresh drinks on the table, regardless of how many we already had.😀🍺

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Azulann said:

Oh so glad you upgraded to an  Explorer Suite at the aft. We will be in the DV1 next to those. I love being on the aft of a ship.  My first morning on the Orion I will order room service for breakfast and sit on our balcony! 

Only 24 days left till.... cruising again.

On this cruise, the cabins between the ESs on 3 are empty, as well as the ones on either side. It's VERY quiet back here and throughout the ship.

2 hours ago, MRGACRUZR said:

On this cruise, the cabins between the ESs on 3 are empty, as well as the ones on either side. It's VERY quiet back here and throughout the ship.

I'll be interested to see if reduced capacity continues with the remaining Bermuda cruises - we were able to snag an aft Explorer on 4 and were wondering if perhaps we might have no neighbors.

• Like 1