Past Guest & Diamond Parties

Yoggi

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

What incentive do I have to go to Emeril's for lunch?  Jiji's, Cucina, Big Chicken, Street Eats, all free options.  Since the Cuban sodas from the Havana bar are included with Cheers, I have to assume that the Abita Root Beer from Emeril's is as well.  Looking forward to tasting it.

Hopefully the incentive is the venue itself.  We can agree that options are a good thing.  I was close many times, and as of now still 6 months till I can.  Hope springs eternal tho...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I usually feel shy about meeting the captain and officers. I don't hear so well anymore and some accents are very difficult for me. I'm afraid of embarrassing the both of us if I misunderstand something. I always appreciate their efforts, though, at welcoming all aboard. 

For us, the ability to interact with these people is significant.  Because of the easy relaxed method at Diamond encounters, it makes the social conversation easy.  We have found the staff to be amazingly easy to hold a conversation with.  Just our experience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was just comparing the fact that NCL and RCI give their Platinum level cruisers a free specialty meal and Carnival is too cheap to even offer a two for one. 

I'm too cheap to book cruises on NCL and RCL. I don't think anyone nickels and dimes more that NCL.

Nothing is free on a cruise ship. Somebody is paying for it.

30 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I'm too cheap to book cruises on NCL and RCL. I don't think anyone nickels and dimes more that NCL.

Nothing is free on a cruise ship. Somebody is paying for it.

The fact that NCL bundles the drink package and some specialty dinners is a good thing.  I know you pay more for it, but the bundling of NCL, Celebrity  and Princess are a good option for those who want it.  By the time I add in Cheers and some pay restaurants, it adds up big time.  But at the same time more often than not I book insides so instead of spending that extra few hundred per person on a balcony, I would rather enjoy the amenities that I like.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

The fact that NCL bundles the drink package and some specialty dinners is a good thing.  I know you pay more for it, but the bundling of NCL, Celebrity  and Princess are a good option for those who want it.  By the time I add in Cheers and some pay restaurants, it adds up big time.  But at the same time more often than not I book insides so instead of spending that extra few hundred per person on a balcony, I would rather enjoy the amenities that I like.

NCL bundles but then sticks you with paying gratuities. And charges more 

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

NCL bundles but then sticks you with paying gratuities. And charges more 

20 bucks for drinks via gratuities  is better than 60 on Carnival.   Since you're a teetotaler it would not matter to you.

35 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

20 bucks for drinks via gratuities  is better than 60 on Carnival.   Since you're a teetotaler it would not matter to you.

I'm neither a teetotaler nor an alcoholic. But then, I leave the ship in ports, and wouldn't drink myself into a coma on those days.

• Like 1