2024 cruises

To my memory and experience, about 2 years out seemed to be the norm, and even those at the edges were for exceptional cruises, like Journey Cruises to Hawaii, Alaska, and Panama.  As to whether or not the 2024 release dates are covid related, I could make the speculative argument they are, but I don't know that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sailingships said:

You made me look real fast. The itinerates for Western Caribbean have been up for a few weeks but not the Eastern which is what I am waiting for and got excited about until I saw there had been nothing added as yet. 

Carnival Celebration has both Eastern and Western. I am looking at doing a B2B.

In case if you have not seen the news, Carnival is taking Costa Magica, which will become a Sunshine-class ship in mid-2022, and a new Excellence-class ship (Mardi Gras, Carnival Celebration) previously ordered for AIDA cruises in 2023. I doubt we'll see any more 2024 sailings released until those are settled. There may even be some juggling for 2022/2023 of existing sailings.

• Like 1

I just booked a January 2024 out of NOLA. Only a 5 day because I want to sightsee in New Orleans first. The ports are Progresso & Cozumel with 2 sea days. I had 5 cancelled cruises to reschedule due to Covid. So, yeah, what the heck;  went ahead & booked 3 years out. Normally book 2 years ahead. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

I would say anything they do now is still under the shroud of COVID recovery, so nothing will follow any particular pattern.

Normally, IIRC (and that is a big "if"), around May and Nov of each year Carnival would announce a 6 month block of sail dates that are two years out from that time frame.  So in Nov 2018 they would announce the sailings for Nov 2020 through April 2021.  In May 2019 they would have announced May 2021 through Nov 2021, etc.

I should search past postings to find the "new block of dates up!" threads.

By releasing at least some of the sailings through Apr 2024 a bit early, they can gauge interest (and collect deposits) for what post-COVID business might look like.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

By releasing at least some of the sailings through Apr 2024 a bit early, they can gauge interest (and collect deposits) for what post-COVID business might look like.

I think it's a wonderful idea. I have two Caribbean cruises booked with Celebrity for October/November this year which I won't be able to get to (Australia has a closed border, so I can't leave). Because Carnival has released their Caribbean itineraries I will book at least one cruise with them.