Grenada or Bonaire?

janroatan

Just now, janroatan said:

Looking at two Southern Caribbean cruises on the Epic
the same except one cruise goes to Grenada the other to Bonaire? Any thoughts of which to choose?

If you haven't done so already take a look of the port of call forums for those ports and read through the threads of things to see and do.  It should give you a good idea of which one to pick.

Hi Jan,

I've been to both, but I've spent extended time on Bonaire.

If it's quality beaches you want, then Grenada wins. Bonaire is very popular for scuba divers.

If you're an animal lover, Bonaire is the winner. (Message me for more details.)

39 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Hi Jan,

I've been to both, but I've spent extended time on Bonaire.

If it's quality beaches you want, then Grenada wins. Bonaire is very popular for scuba divers.

If you're an animal lover, Bonaire is the winner. (Message me for more details.)

This forum doesn't have a messaging function.

• Like 1

I've only been to Bonaire but I would agree with poster who said that Grenada itinerary is more "Rare" and you'll get to Bonaire again more easily. Bonaire had amazing landscape/snorkeling, I can see how it would be amazing for divers 

• Like 1

Been to both and would do either again in a heartbeat. One thing to consider is when is your cruise. How are each island doing with vaccination. What are the covid restrictions and numbers. Know this can all change from week to week, and you may have one or both ports cancelled and substituted at this point.

I've been to both and felt Bonaire was safer. We took a ship's excursion in both ports. The guide in Grenada talked about the US invasion to rescue the Medical students and how much blood ran in the streets and how crooked their politicians are ( surprise). Bonaire was very unusual with Cactus and iguanas and  donkeys all over and our guide just seemed nicer and  happier. Bonaire is very popular for snorkeling . We did buy chocolate in Grenada that was very good.

Depends on what you wanna do in those places.  For me, it’s Bonaire.  I enjoyed the diving more in Bonaire than in Grenada.  The shore diving was gorgeous and a boat trip just wasn’t necessary. It’s a personal choice so good luck 

If you are into Cooking..  Grenada!  My sister is a chef and she went crazy at a spice market!  But that was maybe - 10 years ago, do not know how things are there now.  I would not go alone.

Note:  Check which spices and in which form you can bring back into the USA.  

Edited by Gen X Life

If you have the day, you can rent a golfcart and drive all around the island of Bonaire.  I've done this and it was a blast, if you have half of a day the north or south routes are easily do-able.  Look up bonairecruisers dot com and check out the rentals, 

Edited by monl765
spelling
  • Like 1