Cruise First Certificates

mjb1683

I know that selling certificates is not permitted in this forum.  However, I do have some Cruise First certificates that I would be interested in getting rid of (due to work schedules, an NCL cruise is just not feasible right now).  Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about selling them? Thanks everybody for your help!

If you search that large, popular social media platform that we're not supposed to mention here, you'll find several groups dedicated to the resale of CruiseNext certificates.  Try there, I've had success buying & selling certificates.  (The groups always seem to have "CruiseNext" in the name, but, CruiseFirst is basically the same concept & should be welcome) 

1 minute ago, mjb1683 said:

I seem to be confused , can anyone tell me the difference between Cruise First and Cruise Next

The biggest difference is that you can only by CruiseNext (from NCL) while you are on a cruise. This is what gives them value in the resale market to people who want them, but are not on a ship where they can make the purchase.

CruiseFirst can be purchased at any time, by any one, through the NCL website.

Would the fact that I have bonus money available make it more worthwhile?   I understand that NCL is selling $300 Cruise First  certificates for $150.  I currently have a $500 certificate that I would sell for $500

20 minutes ago, mjb1683 said:

Would the fact that I have bonus money available make it more worthwhile?   I understand that NCL is selling $300 Cruise First  certificates for $150.  I currently have a $500 certificate that I would sell for $500

Would that be the same $500 CruiseFirst that I could buy from NCL (with the full 3 year "to use" period) for only $250?

3 hours ago, mjb1683 said:

If they are $500, I would guess they are Cruse Next not Cruise First.

While they can be sold, the rule of the main above mentioned site is they have to be sold for a maximum of what was paid (plus PayPal fees circa $5). Therefore a £500 of cruise next vouchers would never sell for more that than $250 as there are plenty of $500 vouchers selling daily for the purchase price of $250.

I bought some myself 2 weeks ago, 2 x vouchers with a face value of $500 for $250 + $5 Paypal fees. 

If they have a short expiry date they will be unsellable as there are plenty available with long expiry.

Edited by ziggyuk

I would be willing to sell these for $250. 

I am 100 percent positive that they are Cruise First. 

I have also been told that you can only use one Cruise First certificate at a time.  Thus, you could not buy two $300 certificates and combine them. 

2 hours ago, mjb1683 said:

Any more suggestions on how ringing someone who could use and save some serious money? 

I am sorry for the typo. It should have read:

“Any more suggestions on how to find someone who could use these and save some serious money?”

19 minutes ago, mjb1683 said:

I am sorry for the typo. It should have read:

“Any more suggestions on how to find someone who could use these and save some serious money?”

It's good CF are available in $500, it thought it was only $300 which is what made me think you had CN so that makes it more desirable as you will be able to apply the full $500 the same as a CN double up offer.

The very best place to sell is what has been suggested, they are very easy to deal with on there and the group have a lot of experience to assist the pitfalls.

Most sales marketplaces could work but I honestly would advise what has been suggested, you have no fees, lots of experienced people to help, it's just the best and safest.

The big downfall with a CF is that it can only be used on a new booking and they are very clear on that, they even say (T&Cs) if you cancel and rebook to use one the voucher will be removed. While the CN is officially for deposits too, they are easily added to existing bookings.

I always buy CN and add them to my existing bookings on double up, never an issue, I'm not sure a CF could be successfully added to an existing booking.

EDIT: Take care who you sell them to as they are only available in three markets USD, CAD & MXN they can't we used in Europe, UK or any other country that does not use those three currencies.

Edited by ziggyuk

10 hours ago, mjb1683 said:

I would be willing to sell these for $250. 

I am 100 percent positive that they are Cruise First. 

I have also been told that you can only use one Cruise First certificate at a time.  Thus, you could not buy two $300 certificates and combine them. 

The only way you are going to sell a Cruise First anywhere would be to seriously discount them. IOW, you are going to have to take a significant loss.

Look at it from the viewpoint of a prospective buyer:

You are offering a $500 certificate for $250. Since you purchased it in the past, there is less than the full three years before expiration left on the certificate.

The buyer could just call NCL directly and purchase the $500 certificate for $250, AND they would have the full three years to use it.

. . . So WHY would a buyer purchase the one from you?

13 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

The only way you are going to sell a Cruise First anywhere would be to seriously discount them. IOW, you are going to have to take a significant loss.

Look at it from the viewpoint of a prospective buyer:

You are offering a $500 certificate for $250. Since you purchased it in the past, there is less than the full three years before expiration left on the certificate.

The buyer could just call NCL directly and purchase the $500 certificate for $250, AND they would have the full three years to use it.

. . . So WHY would a buyer purchase the one from you?

That is very true, I would not even buy a CF from NCL, I would buy a CN with long expiry from the site already mentioned for the same 50% discount as on a ship.

On 6/20/2021 at 10:25 PM, mjb1683 said:

I know that selling certificates is not permitted in this forum.  However, I do have some Cruise First certificates that I would be interested in getting rid of (due to work schedules, an NCL cruise is just not feasible right now).  Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about selling them? Thanks everybody for your help!

I am aware of cruisenext that you buy on ship but what are cruisefirst. are they similar to cruisenext, you can use them against the deposit on new or existing booking? do we get same reward like 50% off when we buy them from NCL

22 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

I am aware of cruisenext that you buy on ship but what are cruisefirst. are they similar to cruisenext, you can use them against the deposit on new or existing booking? do we get same reward like 50% off when we buy them from NCL

They are nearly the same, but can only be used on a new booking and only in US CN and MEX currencies. You buy them from NCL (not on the ship), call your PCC. They can't be combined with Cruise Next, it's one or the other.
Here are the T&Cs:

image.png.b86a5498ceae9c43decedfb8f2842cdc.png

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

On NCL.com (USA) I found (at the top of the page) "Cruise Deals".  Upon opening that:

https://www.ncl.com/cruisefirst-program