Oceania luggage tags?

Laszlo

New to Oceania. How do they handle luggage tags. Do you print them out or do they send them to you? I have clear luggage tag holders for our NCL tags and they work really well

15 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

New to Oceania. How do they handle luggage tags. Do you print them out or do they send them to you? I have clear luggage tag holders for our NCL tags and they work really well

they will send you tags with your name & cabin number on them 

They usually come in the back of the BLUE BOOK  you get about 4-8 weeks prior to the cruise

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

they will send you tags with your name & cabin number on them 

They usually come in the back of the BLUE BOOK  you get about 4-8 weeks prior to the cruise

Thanks for the information

And put them on your luggage at the port so they are not torn of in transit or if our are in an Oceania Hotel, you will be asked to put them on before your transfer to the ship.  
For first timers, The Blue Book referred to are the Documents for your cruise. A classy, great package to keep as a wonderful remembrance of your cruise vacation. 

Gerry

• Like 1

Or you can put them on your bags  at a NON Oceania hotel  if you stay the night before  in the port city  😉

The document books that first came out were worth keeping but now just generic 

• Like 1

When my Blue Book went astray because of a move,  Oceania wouldn’t replace the whole book without a $25 charge but they did send luggage tags.  They were not personalized like the originals but they were just fine.  Since we’re sailing in a guarantee this time and don’t know what our cabin number will be, we may not have tags until we arrive at the terminal.  I’m sure the porters can handle any luggage tag issues if for some reason you don’t get yours.  We always have our bags identified with our own tags as a precaution.

32 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

When my Blue Book went astray because of a move,  Oceania wouldn’t replace the whole book without a $25 charge but they did send luggage tags.  They were not personalized like the originals but they were just fine.  Since we’re sailing in a guarantee this time and don’t know what our cabin number will be, we may not have tags until we arrive at the terminal.  I’m sure the porters can handle any luggage tag issues if for some reason you don’t get yours.  We always have our bags identified with our own tags as a precaution.

The porters usually  have blank luggage tags   & they write on your  cabin# & name

Just ask

We always  have our own name tags  on luggage as well as note inside with our contact & itinerary

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

The porters usually  have blank luggage tags   & they write on your  cabin# & name

Just ask

We always  have our own name tags  on luggage as well as note inside with our contact & itinerary

We booked a guarantee cabin on our first Oceania cruise and our blue book arrived with luggage tags without the cabin number included. On several subsequent cruises we have been unsold after our tags arrived and simply inked out the old cabin number and put in the new one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

We booked a guarantee cabin on our first Oceania cruise and our blue book arrived with luggage tags without the cabin number included. On several subsequent cruises we have been unsold after our tags arrived and simply inked out the old cabin number and put in the new one. 

We have done that also 

If time my TA sends us blank tags if we get an upgrade

I am happy just to be onboard 

No matter where we sail we always put our tags on at the pier.

Even more importantly remove your tags before you arrive at your departure airport. Many moons ago my suitcase became a part of a FLL theft ring. The police told me it was because I had left my cruise tags on the luggage. This was back in the day when cruising was not so "universal" if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

Correction: Just saw that my “upsold” mysteriously appears as “unsold” in post #9 above.

My keyboarding truly has deteriorated since my detached retina two years ago, suffered BTW without any warning on Marina off the western coast of Italy.

14 hours ago, mauibabes said:

And put them on your luggage at the port so they are not torn of in transit or if our are in an Oceania Hotel, you will be asked to put them on before your transfer to the ship.  
For first timers, The Blue Book referred to are the Documents for your cruise. A classy, great package to keep as a wonderful remembrance of your cruise vacation. 

Gerry

Have done enough cruises to know. Always put them on at home, if we are driving to a pier. Put them on as soon as we check out from the hotel if we have flown in the day before

On 6/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, mauibabes said:

Gerry

Thanks, Gerry.  DW and I will be first-time Oceania cruisers in December on the Riviera (at least I HOPE we will be first-time cruisers 😉), and were wondering what the Blue Book is.

17 minutes ago, NYHartChapp said:

Thanks, Gerry.  DW and I will be first-time Oceania cruisers in December on the Riviera (at least I HOPE we will be first-time cruisers 😉), and were wondering what the Blue Book is.

Not Gerry

but the book gives you  a list of excursions 

shows the location of your state room

other ads  for beverage & internet packages

deck plans

Lists the Itinerary  plus  the 1st couple of pages  shows your personal info which in some embarkation ports you need to show  Miami for instance

If you use the search feature above for O forum you can find some photos  of the book & luggage tags

I just tossed mine out (trying to declutter)

10 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Have done enough cruises to know. Always put them on at home, if we are driving to a pier. Put them on as soon as we check out from the hotel if we have flown in the day before

Likewise.  We usually get extra tags since we only have one checked bag each so we put tags on each handle in case one tears off.  Also put one on the backpack we carry on the ship in case dummy me leaves it behind.  This is the DH posting.

2 hours ago, marieps said:

Likewise.  We usually get extra tags since we only have one checked bag each so we put tags on each handle in case one tears off.  Also put one on the backpack we carry on the ship in case dummy me leaves it behind.  This is the DH posting.

Us also, both handles. We normally travel / cruise with 2 checked bags, 2 carry on's and we each normally we each have a small backpack. And yes we are those people who take our carry on's and backpacks on the cruise ship, don't check them.