We'll be back

Copper10-8

Thank you, Copper. This was a reminder that so many crew members were confined on ships far from home for a very long time, so much longer than any of us could have imagined. 

I think there will be lots of tears when all of us walk up the gangways the first time post-Covid and see those smiling faces.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I think there will be lots of tears when all of us walk up the gangways the first time post-Covid and see those smiling faces.

Reportedly, when the first guests embarked Celebrity Edge a week ago, Captain Kate was in the welcome aboard party.  She was in tears.  

On 6/26/2021 at 10:49 AM, Copper10-8 said:

Thanks to another poster, found this video of good ole' Maasie (Maasdam) from a Deck officer's perspective with some views of the forward mooring deck and the big mooring line winches, what an anchor drop looks like from one of the two dive boards (the left or port one), her zodiacs, bridge views in normal and "red" (nighttime) lighting, port calls in Asia and Alaska, some interesting weather shot from her bridge, etc.

I will not miss the oh dark thirty wake up calls from the bridge 😉 All the way at the end of this video is a pretty cool low level fly-by of Maasdam by a Royal Canadian Air Force Lockheed CP-140 Aurora (the Canuck version of the P-3C Orion) from 19 Wing, No. 407 Maritime Patrol Squadron, Canadian Forces Base Comox on big Vancouver Island. We all know that Maasdam will not be back with HAL but she was a very nice ship for those of us who knew her (my first contract was on her back in Nov 2010)

This is a great film.

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 7:17 PM, Copper10-8 said:

We'll be two cruises behind you! Keep her in ship shape for us please 😉 

We'll be 6 behind them!

We got a good size group already for 9/4, come on and join us everybody!  

• Like 1