How & When Do We Book Shows?

Just now, retire2cruise55 said:

Cruising on the Horizon soon and haven’t seen an option to book entertainment.  Guessing they don’t want everyone showing up at the same time with efforts to social distance?

Not really sure how the entertainment is going to work during these pandemic cruises, however in the past, I’ve never had to make a reservation for entertainment, usually just show up and hope you’re early enough to grab some good seats. If there was a way to make reservations, I sure as heck missed out! 

• Like 1

Thank you! Totally realize that we haven’t had to book entertainment before.  Didn’t have to do it on prior sailings and there was no option to do it on my upcoming one.  Just wanted to make sure I’m not missing something as other cruise lines are implementing it to reduce lines as part of their Covid practices - similar to boarding times and muster drill.

Edited by retire2cruise55

1 minute ago, retire2cruise55 said:

Thank you! Totally realize that we haven’t had to book entertainment before.  Didn’t have to do it on prior sailings and there was no option to do it on my upcoming one.  Just wanted to make sure I’m not missing something as other cruise lines are implementing it to reduce lines as part of their Covid practices - similar to boarding times and muster drill.

I dont know of any cruiseline implementing booking for shows due to covid? What line?

Rcl on the monster ships you booked shows ahead of time since the ships came out. I havent seen talk of covid changes.

I'd prefer not to book ahead of time. Vista class on carnival they cut the size of the theater and was bad before covid. Comedy club too they cut the size. If seats are blocked off, will, be worse.

You've never had to book shows on Carnival.  You just show up at the time of event and grab a seat.

Comedy club always fills up fast.

I haven't heard anything about this changing and certainly hope you won't have to book ahead.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont know of any cruiseline implementing booking for shows due to covid? What line?

Rcl on the monster ships you booked shows ahead of time since the ships came out. I havent seen talk of covid changes.

I'd prefer not to book ahead of time. Vista class on carnival they cut the size of the theater and was bad before covid. Comedy club too they cut the size. If seats are blocked off, will, be worse.

Royal adventure of the seas

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, retire2cruise55 said:

Royal adventure of the seas

Ok I hadnt read that, just that they blocked off rows and it was harder to find seating, with only 1k onboard. 

I'm on liberty, I'll keep my ears open, but like carnival my booking is closed.

• Like 1