Seabourn website: TERRIBLE !

M&PGermany

7 minutes ago, M&PGermany said:

... also, it's not only about the site being very slow.

It's very basic when I talk about content (again, see Hapag-Lloyd for a comparison), it's not interactive, without any clear structure. It looks like a website from 20 years ago.

Even searching a cruise seems clunky.

Agree with the negative comments about Seabourn's website.   On its website (on an computer), where is the boarding pass for me to print?  I cannot find it.  Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

May I renew my complaint about Seabourn's terrible website?

I was just browsing for cruises and was again BORED TO DEATH by the design and content of Seabourn's website. The photos: the same photos I've seen so many times. Even on Facebook - always the same old stuff. The functions: boring. Description of cruises/itineraries: boring. 

If there is anyone at work in Seattle (or has everybody been furloughed???): Please, at least TRY to be a little more creative.

For example from Hapag Lloyd I receive constant updates on their operation in corona times, what the health protocols are like, how and what their new expedition ship (HANSEATIC spirit) is doing after the introduction cruise, constant updates (loads!) on social media, videos, etc.

From Seabourn: nothing!

Edited by M&PGermany
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M&PGermany said:

May I renew my complaint about Seabourn's terrible website?

I was just browsing for cruises and was again BORED TO DEATH by the design and content of Seabourn's website. The photos: the same photos I've seen so many times. Even on Facebook - always the same old stuff. The functions: boring. Description of cruises/itineraries: boring. 

If there is anyone at work in Seattle (or has everybody been furloughed???): Please, at least TRY to be a little more creative.

For example from Hapag Lloyd I receive constant updates on their operation in corona times, what the health protocols are like, how and what their new expedition ship (HANSEATIC spirit) is doing after the introduction cruise, constant updates (loads!) on social media, videos, etc.

From Seabourn: nothing!

I would settle for functional.  How frustrating to sail (and spend money on) a top tier cruise line and have to contend with a third rate website.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, M&PGermany said:

There's no evidence they are reading comments on Cruise Critic, so I'm afraid you're preaching to the choir. 😉

• Like 1

Yes, I agree with you: the Seabourn site is frustrating, clunky, awkward to navigate, and short of up-to-date info. It just reflects and reinforces what has long been known: Seabourn's shoreside offering is but a pale and disappointing shadow of the on-board experience. While it would be welcome for Seattle to up it's game,  I think I am prepared to put up with the status quo. I'll settle for a dull and difficult website but coupled with the great crews, can do, and will do even better, nothing is too much trouble, attitude on board, charming (mostly) guests, and all the Seabourny things that we so enjoy. I would prefer that to a slick and shiny, enticing, website with a bland, corporately homogeneous experience at sea.

Of course it would be nice to have excellence in both, but, as Osgood E. Fielding III famously said: "Well, nobody's perfect."

• Like 3

14 hours ago, M&PGermany said:

Is it too much to ask for BOTH a luxury experience onboard AND shoreside? 😃 

No, it's not too much to ask.

But the question is: are you willing to give up the luxury experience onboard because the website is annoying to navigate? I'm not. I put up with the website, sometimes needing to come back to it later when it's behaving oddly or not at all, in order to book our fabulous cruise experiences. 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 5:04 AM, M&PGermany said:

"They" are not reading or answering comments on Twitter either. It's ridiculous.

Well, I guess I'm not spending any money on SB for the time being.

From your profile signature, it's apparent you are well traveled with many cruise lines.  I have always based my travel choices on past experiences, price and itinerary.  I have never considered a company's website as being even remotely a consideration.  We are back on Seabourn Ovation in October.  Safe travels.

Thanks M&P Germany for keeping us alert to the failings of the Seabourn product. It has mind-boggled me for a decade why they are light years behind their luxury competition when it comes to creativity in all the areas you cite. Website just one. A website for any business is just smart marketing and a window to the consuming world of what that business offers. And surely they monitor cruise critic. It would be criminally negligent to the Carnival shareholders if they didn't. They hear but apparently they don't listen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I can't get beyond the Seabourn login screen. I wouldn't bet on this being a "fix" for the website. 😉

Silversea's website, email and phone systems have been down the past two days as a result of some as-yet undisclosed cyberattack. 

I find that if I go through “booked guests” and then “ account” either nothing happens or the whole thing freezes.

if I choose the “flight ease” option and select “ book flight” I can log in and view everything - all the itinerary, excursion options etc (you don’t have to book a flight) so I always do that now. 
I am using Safari

very strange!