Caribbean Cruise from Fort Lauderdale Nov 2021

endlessflight

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Steelers36;  I get it they are sending an update to the app to correct a data corruption issue.  What about an update that helps people keep the app from crashing and allowing all info to be input without crashing.  What issues have you encountered with the app?  Me personally I have not had an issue.  Everything was loaded from my previous medallion cruise and I have green checks.

I don't think I ever had a login issue that some had - both Princess.com and MC App worked in that sense. 

I originally had bad data and although our two virtual voyages were shown (B2B2B + 1 single), I would get errors and "ALL Hands on Tech" when attempting to use the OceanReady section.  I had some sort of undisclosed error in converting data from Personalizer into the MC system (whatever that entailed internally).  They had to fix the data - not my MC App on my phone.  Once the data corruption issue was corrected, I could see our past information, do updates and both wife and I in Green Lane with Steps 1 thru 3 of OceanReady checked off.

DMW was working most of the time for me once it was released and prior to them fixing our data issue(s).  That said, I have some issues with it's conception and features, but it is working as they delivered it.

The MC App (any App) can crash due to bad data it is attempting to access and process.  It can also crash if contains one or more programming bugs.  I believe most/all of the issues now are data-related or otherwise it would not work for many of us at all.  Data can be individual whereas the App code is the same for all users.  I guess there is another source that can affect a subset of users - the App may work fine on some supported platforms and "crash" on others if they have a programming error interacting with said platform.

PS - They do not need to send an update to the app to correct the data corruption.  They just need to make the fixes on their servers (data storage) that the App accesses once you are logged in.  The App is a view into your data with ability to update/add, just like a bank app is a view into your accounts and once logged in can do things with your money.

On 6/29/2021 at 7:05 PM, endlessflight said:

Does anyone know how Princess will deal with requiring COVID vaccination on cruises sailing from Fort Lauderdale this fall, when Florida has made it illegal to demand vaccination  or discriminate against anyone who is not vaccinated.  We are booked for Nov. but I do not intend to cruise on any ship that is not fully vaccinated. Looking perhaps at switching to cruises departing from the west coast.  Does this look like the only option?

I'm on the 11/20/21 sailing out of FLL The following is an excerpt form the "Notifications" section for my cruise(as of today 7/3/21) ; I didn't include all the requirements for proof of vaccination. Vaccination has to be completed at least 14 days prior to departure. 

COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT

Guests of all ages on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof at the terminal prior to boarding the cruise. ... If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund. 

Hope this helps

Sean

• Like 3

Yes,  this is Princess' current statement on these cruises.

NO proof of Vaccination,  NO boarding, NO refund.

No mention of any 5% exceptions allowed, at all.

The thing is,  I am not sure anybody knows, yet, how this plays out.

This is all still in legal limbo.

How will FL go about enforcing this law?

It appears that the CDC did not submit any further options by the date required,  so this goes back into litigation???

FL won round one,  their lawsuit continues.

It appears that the CDC, and Princess Cruise Line, are not bending.

I am having a hard time seeing how DeSantis can effectively enforce anything that is still not fully decided to be lawful for the State to do do, as long as the FED's are insisting that they rule.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes,  this is Princess' current statement on these cruises.

NO proof of Vaccination = NO boarding, NO refund.

No mention of any 5% exceptions allowed, at all.

The only exemptions will be for those that can successfully claim medical or religious reasons. Those would be limited to no more than 5%.

Since there are two months before the first Princess ship sails from Florida, there is plenty of time for this to be settled between the CDC, Princess and Florida.

• Like 1

The cruise lines should stand firm and tell the Governor of Florida and other pols to go pound sand.  We are set to sail on a back to back on the Sky Princess in late November.  I trust the CDC and scientists much more than the political hacks.

Edited by tip
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, ChaserX said:

I'm on the 11/20/21 sailing out of FLL The following is an excerpt form the "Notifications" section for my cruise(as of today 7/3/21) ; I didn't include all the requirements for proof of vaccination. Vaccination has to be completed at least 14 days prior to departure.

COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT

Guests of all ages on this voyage are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof at the terminal prior to boarding the cruise. ... If you are unable to produce the described proof of vaccination, you will be denied boarding without refund. 

We're also on that Nov 20 trip, our first in exactly two years. Re providing proof "...at the terminal...", does anyone know whether it would be possible, at least for now, to pre-submit one's vaccination data to Princess ahead of time and have them verify that it is acceptable? I ask because given the comments here on CC, there are VERY many different forms of proof documentation out there, at least until the various local and federal gvts standardize things better. In our specific case, for example, SWIMBO and I were done at the same time, but her proof document looks different than mine due to a bug in our province's vaccination management system and there's no word on when it will be fixed. I'd hate to be denied boarding at the pier because our paperwork looks different, she has a QR code and I don't....