Effective Thread Titles

Host CMLA

You know what? There is no ABC (that I can see) on my "Reply To Thread" box. Or, if there is, please tell me where to look?

What is the X'd out A/A?

Also, My favorite Title is: Has Anyone Ever Stayed In Room 1111? I always want to post: "No, You are the First".

SailAways, I think it might be a MAC issue. I don't have the ABC box either. :(

SailAways, I think it might be a MAC issue. I don't have the ABC box either. :(

I don't think it's solely a MAC issue, because it doesn't work on my PC either..

Is there anybody out there that IS able to use CC's spell check feature...besides Cecilia, of course..

I don't think it's solely a MAC issue, because it doesn't work on my PC either..

Is there anybody out there that IS able to use CC's spell check feature...besides Cecilia, of course..

Yes - ME! And lots of others. It would be a good idea for you to follow Cecelia's advice above, and pay a visit to the "Help Forums" on these boards. I'm nearly certain you'll find the answer to your problem there.;)

Thanks. I can use the "Edit" feature on the eMac, and do all of the spell checking very easily, so I personally do not need it. It is curious why others have different icons on their computers - such as ABC, etc.

I have visited the "Help Forum" and it was no help at all for me.

I just did a bit of searching, and came up with a possible reason why many of you are not able to utilize the SpellCheck feature - it works only with InternetExplorer! ~~ If you are using something other than IE, your spellchecker will not work. ;)

I located this interesting and helpful tidbit, along with MANY others, in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=240705&page=2

Hopefully those of you having various issues will take the time to visit that thread and discover the answers to some of your questions. There's also the Help forum, where you can post questions and have nice folks from all over the world offer their guidance and assistance! ;)

Happy surfing! :)

Thanks Pepper.

My next suggestion for an effective Title is:

"WaldosPepper Answers All Questions Quickly":D

You are too funny! :p

Just doing my part to return the favor - many members of this site have offered so much good information! It only stands to reason that we should all do our part to be of assistance in any way we can! ;)

Thanks...that must be MY problem. Wish I had found that explanation - then I wouldn't have taken up so much time on this board :(

Am I misunderstanding you, or are you saying that after two years, and 4,100+ posts, you're mad that you've spent that much time here after learning that your spellcheck won't work because it's only supported by IE? :confused: Or are you saying that you've spent too much time on this thread?

I just did a bit of searching, and came up with a possible reason why many of you are not able to utilize the SpellCheck feature - it works only with InternetExplorer! ~~ If you are using something other than IE, your spellchecker will not work. ;)

Ummm, I'm using IE, and I still can't use spell checker.. : (

Ummm, I'm using IE, and I still can't use spell checker.. : (

Perhaps if you post in the help forums, one of the more "tech saavy" members can offer assistance. There must be some "option" you need to adjust, or something like that.

Good luck, and post back here when you figure out what the problem is. :)

[quote name='KroozNut']Ummm, I'm using IE, and I still can't use spell checker.. : ([/QUOTE] I'm sorry you're still having this problem. I'll ask the administrator what we can do.

Just wondering if there are any rules about titles that have nothing to do with the post? I'm refering to those that might be titled something along the lines of "Sex on the Jewel" and then state something like "now that I have your attention, I was wondering how the food is in the main dining rooms?" When someone resorts to that type of thing I normally won't respond even if I know the answer and could be of help.

-Monte

Krooznut...I asked the administrator and she said it's a Mac issue and not a CC issue because the spellchecker isn't built into our software. What's happening is the software "reaches out" to a third-party. It should work pretty well with IE and other Window browsers.[QUOTE]Has a "Formated Title" suggestion every been given any consideration by the powers to be?
By this, I mean one which follows guidelines of giving date, ship name, etc., first then followed by any specific query, suggestion, remark, etc.[/QUOTE] I think there's something on the roll call boards but not on the general boards. [QUOTE]Just wondering if there are any rules about titles that have nothing to do with the post? I'm refering to those that might be titled something along the lines of "Sex on the Jewel" and then state something like "now that I have your attention, I was wondering how the food is in the main dining rooms?" When someone resorts to that type of thing I normally won't respond even if I know the answer and could be of help.[/QUOTE] There aren't any real rules about thread titles except those that say no profanity, no attacks, etc. However, I might change the title in that case. There was one a while back like this that I left alone but it is frustrating and of no use to members looking for real information. A thread title should convey to every member what you're asking.

[QUOTE]In that case, Stephen, you may want to use the correct phrase: It's "Hear, hear," not "Here, here."[/QUOTE]

No disrespect to Stephen, but I did have to laugh at that. Eh, we all do it sometimes.

I do have to laugh (again) though as this thread is supposed to be about titles and now it is all about spellchecking. Hmm, like so many other threads :D

~Intrepid

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hey,[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]An easy way to spell check is to have Word open, type whatever; run the spell check and then copy and paste. Outlook at work has the spell check, but I found out using it a home through the internet does not, so typing it in Word first has been a saver. Did the same for posting here before.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Wait, didn't run this by Word first. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hah, what do you know, got advice on commas, and fragmented sentence[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Too bad it can’t figure out “Here, Here”[/FONT]

Archived