Cost of Specialty Dining

chaching

Ok, I’m still not getting it. We got 2 nights dining free, which I booked. I then went in today & added 3 nights of specialty dining and paid for it. But when I went to book Moderno & Teppanyaki it charged me $93 each reservation. I don’t understand? I didn’t book it as I wasn’t sure.

3 minutes ago, LADinCT said:

Ok, I’m still not getting it. We got 2 nights dining free, which I booked. I then went in today & added 3 nights of specialty dining and paid for it. But when I went to book Moderno & Teppanyaki it charged me $93 each reservation. I don’t understand? I didn’t book it as I wasn’t sure.

My guess is that the online reservation part of the system isn’t dealing with the two separate dining packages. I’ve never done it this way, but knowing NCLs systems it doesn’t surprise me.

If that is the case then I’m not sure what how it can be resolved. It may be worth giving them a call, but no guarantees that will work.

Is your purchased package showing up on your account anywhere?

If you can’t get the restaurant slot you want booked pre embarkation day, make sure you have the ncl app on your phone and then when it picks up the ship’s wifi at the port you’ll be able to do your reservations through the app before you’re actually on the ship. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LADinCT said:

I recommend calling them up on the phone now, and not waiting until you are aboard the ship.  I have found them to be extremely friendly and willing to help with things like this!  Just take an extra dose of patience before you call.  You might be on hold for awhile.  Here's the phone number:  1-866-234-7350

Have a great cruise!

8 hours ago, LADinCT said:

Probably have to book through ncl. Just call them or message them online in the chat feature. Just have your reservation # and tell them what you want and times.

9 hours ago, LADinCT said:

Moderno and Teppanyaki are flat rate restaurants, not a la carte, and the system isn't recognizing that you want to use the dining package.  Typically I will book those 2 using my free perk and it will show the price as zero.  Since you already used your perk, give NCL a call and they should be able to switch these as your perk restaurants and you can book the a la care ones using the package you bought.

13 hours ago, eileeshb said:

If you can’t get the restaurant slot you want booked pre embarkation day, make sure you have the ncl app on your phone and then when it picks up the ship’s wifi at the port you’ll be able to do your reservations through the app before you’re actually on the ship. 

Quality Tip.

1 hour ago, WarfRatWA said:

Quality Tip.

It is, but people need to know you can't always connect to the ship's WiFi while waiting at the terminal.  When I sailed the Mexican Riviera in 2019 we had to wait to board for 2 hours due to a CG inspection. I was unable to get a good enough connection to the ship in order to do anything.

8 minutes ago, hallux said:

It is, but people need to know you can't always connect to the ship's WiFi while waiting at the terminal.  When I sailed the Mexican Riviera in 2019 we had to wait to board for 2 hours due to a CG inspection. I was unable to get a good enough connection to the ship in order to do anything.

And it very much depends on the port. Miami seems to be one that you can generally do this at, but it certainly isn't the case everywhere.

15 hours ago, eileeshb said:

Also, keep checking the Explore & Plan tab (dining) to be sure that reservations have not opened up. Sometimes they open more reservation times after everything seems to be booked up. And, sometimes when the list of restaurants says not available to book, if you click on the name of the restaurant, there are actually times available.

4 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

And it very much depends on the port. Miami seems to be one that you can generally do this at, but it certainly isn't the case everywhere.

That was kind of my point - while it works somewhat reliably in Miami, it didn't work well at all in LA.  In addition - when I boarded the same ship at the same port 6 months prior I had absolutely no time to play around with connecting to WiFi in the terminal, when I got off the shuttle around 10:30 or 11 AM I was ushered right through security to the check-in desk and boarded the ship within about 20 minutes and I was in a Studio cabin with no paid-for "speed pass" through the process.