Final Payment Extension?

Matco

We have a cruise booked for October 9th on the Grand out of LA and final payment is due July 26th, now with some of my Carnival cruises I have been able to call in and request an extension for final payment and been successful, then they eventually cancel them shortly after the original final payment was due. So my question is has anyone been able to push their payment date back with Princess? I know the Grand is supposed to start sailing out of LA on September 25th but until we get some ships moving here on the west coast I'm hesitant to tie up more cruise money right now...

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Matco said:

Just logged in to double check final payment and its now showing a date of 8/10 vs the previous 7/26... 

That’s good & recently noticed that change on their Book with Confidence webpage which extended our final payment date by 30 days until late August.

• Final Payment has been moved to 60-days prior to sailing.
    • Applies to voyages departing through October 31, 2021.

Edited by Astro Flyer

41 minutes ago, Matco said:

Ah that makes sense thanks for the info. I was getting worried that they might be cancelling more sailings 

You’re welcome…as 90 day final payments get closer they’ve been changing it to 60 days.

My guess is their yield management algorithm determines that more passengers are likely to cancel 90 days in advance than at 60 days.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shellbeachjim said:

It's still in the cruise personalizer in the "Payments" section.

Hmmm... Not for me. The only place I can see final payment date is on my booking and I obviously can't just pull up a new copy of that.

37 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Hmmm... Not for me. The only place I can see final payment date is on my booking and I obviously can't just pull up a new copy of that.

If booked through a TA it would be on their Princess booking confirmation but only those who are booked directly with Princess can see it in their Cruise Personalizer.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

If booked through a TA it would be on their Princess booking confirmation but only those who are booked directly with Princess can see it in their Cruise Personalizer.

Ahhh... Thanks. I used to keep my bookings direct with Princess until final payment time. Then I moved it to my TA. I did the work and he gave me a discount. I thought it was great. These days, of course, if I want to move it to my TA I have to do it shortly after booking. I don't like it but that's how it is. Thanks for the clarification.

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Duh, of course. I forgot about the different ways to book… 

image.gif.7f6ae08c7544297d366820c6cd238def.gif