MoveUp Request sent to the ship for onboard review...

gauchotex

Hi everyone,

Sailing on the Summit in a couple of days, and after anxiously awaiting the result of my MoveUp bid, 2 of my 3 bids were rejected, while one of them was sent to the ship for "onboard review".

I was wondering if anybody had gone through that process, and if I should even hold out hope to get the move up bid approved, or if if the odds are so low that I should unpack as soon as I board (and get suitcases delivered).

Either way, we're happy in our current room, but if there's a chance....

Thanks!

Mike

23 hours ago, gauchotex said:

Hi everyone,

Sailing on the Summit in a couple of days, and after anxiously awaiting the result of my MoveUp bid, 2 of my 3 bids were rejected, while one of them was sent to the ship for "onboard review".

I was wondering if anybody had gone through that process, and if I should even hold out hope to get the move up bid approved, or if if the odds are so low that I should unpack as soon as I board (and get suitcases delivered).

Thanks!

Mike

We had this Pre Pandemic & we ended up getting the upgrade.  We found out about 4 hrs later.  Not sure about now though but hang in there.

Edited by If only

On 7/1/2021 at 11:33 PM, bEwAbG said:

There was this recent thread with some info from others. 

Maybe the OP of that thread @Citymom92 will be able to chime in with more details of what happened after the cruise this week.

Hello all-to circle back on this topic we never heard back before the cruise, even though I emailed asking for an update the day or two before. As soon as we boarded, I went to Guest Relations and they seemed perplexed. The agent kept saying "you either win the bid or you don't", right, that's why this was unusual. I even showed her the email to prove what I received. (I was a little annoyed with this because I felt like she thought I was lying about it.) She just kind of shrugged and said she never heard of that and if I had been upgraded I would have heard before the cruise. 

Of course, I understood that the bid would/should have been won or not accepted. Celebrity should have just kept with that wording instead of what I and several others received. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Citymom92 said:

Hello all-to circle back on this topic we never heard back before the cruise, even though I emailed asking for an update the day or two before. As soon as we boarded, I went to Guest Relations and they seemed perplexed. The agent kept saying "you either win the bid or you don't", right, that's why this was unusual. I even showed her the email to prove what I received. (I was a little annoyed with this because I felt like she thought I was lying about it.) She just kind of shrugged and said she never heard of that and if I had been upgraded I would have heard before the cruise. 

Of course, I understood that the bid would/should have been won or not accepted. Celebrity should have just kept with that wording instead of what I and several others received. 

Sorry to hear that.  IMHO they really handled that poorly.  Got your hopes up for no good reason, and then didn't seem to care that it went down that way.  Enjoy your cruise regardless.  I'm jealous!

On 7/1/2021 at 4:11 PM, gauchotex said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Mike

Let us know how yours turns out! 

On 7/5/2021 at 7:59 PM, stinkyenglishteacher said:

Let us know how yours turns out! 

Hi everyone... just got home after a great week on board the Summit... Turns out we didn't get the upgrade. 

I guess our bid was "on reserve" in case the passengers staying in either of the rooms we had bid on missed the ship. When we checked in I asked about it and the concierge who was helping us mentioned that all the passengers in the room we had put a bid on had already checked in...

We were excited about our original room we had booked, so while getting upgraded would have been awesome, wasn't even something we thought about afterwards (and we were able to pocked the bid amount and go spend it elsewhere).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1