UK PCR Question

Rustyman

Hi

Not sure if this has been posted so apologies if it has. Anyhow, we’re on the 31 July cruise and wondering when we are likely to get direction from Celebrity on how to go about getting the PCR test, also for those of you who have used Eurofins, do you pay them direct and seek reimbursement from Celebrity or do Eurofins charge Celebrity direct? Finally, how far in advance did you book your test with Eurofins in order to secure a slot?

Cheers.

At the moment, there is a problem letting passengers know their results. 
Celebrity are saying still travel to the port, where either they will have your results, or a test can be done at the port.Unvaccinated minors can have a lateral flow at the port, Why on earth are vaccinated passengers being made to ‘jump through hoops?’

I’m hoping that they will rethink the whole process before our cruise on 06.08.21.

Read from post 555 here:

74323AE8-3617-4101-BA4F-7E06398B3CA1.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess it’s because they couldn’t cope if 1000 passengers required the PCR test at the port. Yes I hope the tests can be dispensed with however in remembering the disaster out publicity of the Princess ship it is sensible to use belt and braces on the first few cruises, to test the water so to speak.

If you book your test through Eurofins you don’t have to pay anything. Celebrity handle it all. 
I would book as soon as you get the link to do so. There maybe limited slots available at some locations. My in laws are on the 9th July cruise and I had to book theirs for them as they don’t have internet etc. They are going to a travel agents to get the test done and there were limited slots for that day. For example there was 1 slot at 9.10am, 1 at 9.20am then 1 at 11.10am then the next one was 1.40pm. So if 2 or more if you are travelling you will want to try and get slots next to each other. 

1 hour ago, bremenkat said:

If you book your test through Eurofins you don’t have to pay anything. Celebrity handle it all. 
I would book as soon as you get the link to do so. There maybe limited slots available at some locations. My in laws are on the 9th July cruise and I had to book theirs for them as they don’t have internet etc. They are going to a travel agents to get the test done and there were limited slots for that day. For example there was 1 slot at 9.10am, 1 at 9.20am then 1 at 11.10am then the next one was 1.40pm. So if 2 or more if you are travelling you will want to try and get slots next to each other. 

Thanks for your response. Did Celebrity send them the link by email or did they have to log on to “manage my booking” to find it?

2 hours ago, Rustyman said:

I guess it’s because they couldn’t cope if 1000 passengers required the PCR test at the port. Yes I hope the tests can be dispensed with however in remembering the disaster out publicity of the Princess ship it is sensible to use belt and braces on the first few cruises, to test the water so to speak.

Well in that case, why don’t they just administer the antigen test at the port like MSC cruises and P&O ( both of which had 1000 guests to cope with and did it successfully).

You will know the rules within a week after your cruise.  We are currently in Point Roberts WA and except for urgent medical care cannot transit 21 miles of BC to get to doctors in Blaine.  Pt Roberts has no doctor.

FWIW Canada border told us the rules changed twice since June 21st.  Will change a bit on July 5th and after that who knows.

16 minutes ago, Rustyman said:

Thanks for your response. Did Celebrity send them the link by email or did they have to log on to “manage my booking” to find it?

Celebrity sent the link by email approx two weeks before departure. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SalisburyNick said:

I'm on the 17th sailing and still haven't had my email about how to book the PCR test. They appear to be ignoring my email asking about this, so its sitting around all day waiting for them to answer the phone for me tomorrow.

That's weird, Nick. Have you checked your spam folder?

We got our email about a week ago - and have our tests booked.

Hope you get it sorted tomorrow.

11 hours ago, SalisburyNick said:

I'm on the 17th sailing and still haven't had my email about how to book the PCR test. They appear to be ignoring my email asking about this, so its sitting around all day waiting for them to answer the phone for me tomorrow.

Put a query on Celebrity Social media pages. Either Jack or Sam are quick to reply.

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

Or book a private one and claim the money (up to £100) back from Celebrity. The form is on the website somewhere and has been posted on here somewhere.

Thanks to all for the response. Having looked at the Eurofin test sites, I've decided to book a PCR test with boots. The nearest Eurofin site to me is miles away.

• 4 weeks later...

We have been reading the reviews of Eurofin and they are not great - lots of people saying the results do not come back in time to travel and they have had to cancel flights etc. I understand that celebrity are aware of the issue but its a hassle you do not need. We have booked ours with Boots and can claim back the cost from Celebrity

Celebrity have said that if you do not have the Eurofins result, then they will test you at Southampton. I was aware of one person on the 07/07 sailing that was tested when they got there, so no need to cancel travel arrangements.

Agree. Celebrity have you covered. 

They will do a lateral flow test at the port if your Eurofin results haven't come back. I am not sure if they will if say a Boots one does not. 

They say it is a pcr at the port, but can't see how they can get the results so rapidly. Maybe it is.