Crew Vaccinations Cunard

Yorky67

Good point ace.  Most other cruise lines seem to have fully vaccinated crews according to Cruise Critic.  There is an article answering the question;

‘Which cruise lines require a Covid 19 vaccine?’

ex Londoner ..that’s good. I didn’t know the e.g. Indian and Philippino crew would be registered with a UK GP. 

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

If they are registered with a UK GP, as they probably are, there should be no problem.

Unless they are first time contracts? Some might be? A lot might be? Getting new people registered might be a problem.

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Er, why particularly?

Are they taking new patients on these days? I thought new patients had to be face to face urine sample that sort of thing. I don't think they are doing too much of that anymore are they?

I don't think practices can be refusing to take new patients. Everyone is entitled to a GP, even people who are so unwise as to move house in a pandemic. Certainly our practice is seeing a number of patients face to face. Anyway, given Carnival's presence in Southampton, I should think they have practices that are tied to them, wouldn't you?

Thankyou for your thoughts. Cunard has the answer and guessing they’ll tell us when all crew are vaccinated. Until then we have to assume they are not and an unfair risk to crew and passengers alike. Some people will be happy to sail with this risk and some not.