LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

2 hours ago, MorganClark said:

Since I arrived in the morning, here is my ABOC (Adult Beverage If Choice), the famous Bloody Mary;

20210718_082944.jpg

Clearly a nutrition conscientious choice, but where is the celery and olives?

• Haha 1

@MorganClark Thanks for the beautiful pics and video. I am too in the "Key" camp, even though the slogan "Perfect Day at Coco Cay (Kay) rolls off the tongue better. So glad that your meals at Chops have been great. I love that place. If you get a chance take some pics of the drink menu in the Schooner Bar. They used to have a cocktail called the "Baton Rogue" which had Captain Morgan spiced rum, Cognac, Pear syrup, bitters and lemon juice. It is fantastic but on recent pics of the menu's I don't see it anymore. Can you confirm?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

@MorganClark Thanks for uploading the video.  It didn't buffer for me...just beautiful views of a beautiful island.  Question on the infinity pool in the Beach Club...is the view blocked by the beach chairs?  Looks like it is from your video, but looks like it may not be from one of your pictures.  Would seem like a waste to have that nice infinity edge feature, only to be staring at the back of a bunch of chairs rather than the water.

Thanks! So glad to see that the video clip didn't continually buffer on you (there is hope).

Yeah, the upload was soooo slow. I had time to go through a full sit-down dinner in the MDR before it finished uploading. Somebody owes me a Kalik 😉.

From the infinity pool, view is not blocked by pool chairs. Now the view being blocked by numerous sea gull butts is another story, lol. Those sea gulls LOVE the top ledge of the infinity side of the Pool. There is always about an inch of water on that ledge and the sea gulls love to stand in that standing inch of water and chill, bathe and probably poop.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HuliHuli said:

Have you made a special request for a pack of hand-towel Rats?

Oh no! You used that "r" word! Stand by for a trip to the "brig".

Actually, no I didn't even think of that. Thst's a great idea and I shall definitely do that. Then, I'll take a pic of it and post it. Thanks for that idea.

Edited by MorganClark

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

That is correct and I've been trying for years to get people to pronounce it correctly.  When I was a 13 yr old I saw a TV movie called "The Cay" and the main character had a whole monologue about how you say that Key.  I've remembered that along with tons of other insignificant trivia all these years.  Good movie BTW.  I'm just full of silly factoids like that.  I know more about nothing than anyone I know!🤪

Do you know if this was based off the book? We had to read the book in school when I was in 5th grade and I loved the book. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@MorganClark Thanks for the beautiful pics and video. I am too in the "Key" camp, even though the slogan "Perfect Day at Coco Cay (Kay) rolls off the tongue better. So glad that your mea

ls at Chops have been great. I love that place. If you get a chance take some pics of the drink menu in the Schooner Bar. They used to have a cocktail called the "Baton Rogue" which had Captain Morgan spiced rum, Cognac, Pear syrup, bitters and lemon juice. It is fantastic but on recent pics of the menu's I don't see it anymore. Can you confirm?

Your welcome. Yeah, Tony of La Lida Lica did a YouTube video specifically addressing the "key" vs "k" controversy. I'm in the "key" camp as well because if the locals hear you say "k", it's a dead give-away that you're a tourist. You might as well have " TOURIST" tattoo'd on your forehead.

I'd be happy to grab a couple of pics of the drink menu in the Schooner Bar. Being  the salty sea dog (sorry I used your CC screen name) that I am, the Schooner draws me "like a magnet" so I'll definitely end up back in there (again, again & again. The cruise is still young).

10 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

the Schooner draws me "like a magnet" so I'll definitely end up back in there (again, again & again. The cruise is still young)

It is my favorite place to hang out. I love the decor and the vibe there. I am disappointed that you can not sit at the bar. That's my favorite place to sit. I like to talking to the bartenders and people beside me.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It is my favorite place to hang out. I love the decor and the vibe there. I am disappointed that you can not sit at the bar. That's my favorite place to sit. I like to talking to the bartenders and people beside me.

Yeah, for me it's 1. Schooner Bar (for the aforementioned reason) 2. Duck and Dog Pub (because I like duckies & doggies, lol).

I was also disappointed about not being able to sit at the bar. As a solo cruiser, that's my "go to" spot in any bar. But, I can fully understand that RCI is doing that out of an abundance of caution (social distancing). They're doing social distancing in the theaters, clubs & restaurants, as well. Even sitting at a table. I've been able to talk to the waiters and people at other tables around me. I find it fascinating to find out what country the various ship staffers (and Coco Cay staffers) are from.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, poocher said:

Pretty sure that was a reference to the dictionary - Merriam-Webster 

Aye Captain. Why am I all of a sudden talking like a pirate? AAaaargh. (there I go again). Must be the Coco Cay (key) effect. Oh well, since apparently I have now transformed into a pirate, guess I'll go to the bar and get me a Captain Morgan & Coke. Hey, I just realized that my first CC screen name is also "Morgan". Now, all I need to do is get promoted to Captain and I too could be "Captain Morgan". Anyone who knows the story behind my CC screen name "MorganClark" (@ChiefMateJRK?) will understand why I need the promotion (hint - I was onboard the Great Lakes bulk freighter "Arthur M. ,Anderson" at the time "The Big Fitz" went down in November 1975. (Cue the Gordon Lightfoot song).

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

I'd be happy to grab a couple of pics of the drink menu in the Schooner Bar. Being  the salty sea dog (sorry I used your CC screen name) that I am, the Schooner draws me "like a magnet" so I'll definitely end up back in there (again, again & again. The cruise is still young).

My favorite bar on the ship.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

No, this cruise and also, on last week's sailing, we stayed docked at the pier (starboard side).

Do they make people be back on the ship by a certain time or can you take a night time walk?

• Like 1

I'm so conflicted now about making some specialty dining reservations. I wasn't going to because this is our first Royal cruise and we didn't want to miss anything in the main dining room. But your reviews of the food have been so fantastic! 

Random question....can you get a chocolate martini anywhere? It's one of my favorite indulgences after dinner and I'm hoping to indulge a little extra with my drink package. Also maybe limoncello? 

• Like 1

Just now, phdiva said:

Back on the ship by 5. 

Thanks. That is unfortunate. I think an evening walk around the island would be nice. I guess maybe they feel they would have to keep staff around to keep an eye on things and keep people from going in the ocean.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do they make people be back on the ship by a certain time or can you take a night time walk?

They want you back on the ship by 5 pm. No, I don't think they'll let you off the ship to take a night-time walk. Just hit the jogging/walking track on the ship.. Like previous poster said, we stayed at the pier all night last night (ship probably had enough fresh water in her FW tanks).

11 minutes ago, sunshinetricia said:

Random question....can you get a chocolate martini anywhere? It's one of my favorite indulgences after dinner and I'm hoping to indulge a little extra with my drink package. Also maybe limoncello? 

Schooner bar for sure and probably some others.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, sunshinetricia said:

I'm so conflicted now about making some specialty dining reservations. I wasn't going to because this is our first Royal cruise and we didn't want to miss anything in the main dining room. But your reviews of the food have been so fantastic! 

Wrt specialty dining, why not do what I did and get the 3 night specialty dining package? It let's you try 3 different specialty dining restaurants and still have dinner in the MDR.

I'd be shocked if you couldn't find a chocolate martini and,/or a lemoncello (bet Giovanni's serves those) somewhere on the ship. If the ship serves them and you have the drink package, you're covered.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1