Cruiseline-Only Excursions Required in Cozumel?

Saturngrl

Currently,  my reservation for Celebrity in November 2021 reports Cozumel requires cruiseline-only excursions there.  They have a private limo charter for 4 or 8 hours to take you anywhere you want to go, but we can't take a taxi to Mr. Sancho's on our own?   BTW, we have all received both shots for the COVID vaccine (Moderna and Pfizer).   

As things stand right now, you are correct. Celebrity is only allowing ship sponsored excursions in Cozumel. 

This could EASILY change by Nov. Things flipped on a dime this week for St. Maarten. 

Many passengers from the last several weeks are reporting that little is open in most ports & that ship excursions are actually the way to go these days (we haven't done a ship excursion in 15 years & have them booked for both of our upcoming cruises).

Now, MUCH could change in the next 4.5 months--I VERY much hope it does in a GOOD way--shops opening, fewer restrictions. BUT there is NO way to know.

Keep a close tab here--plus Celebrity has been QUITE thorough with communicaton.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, am heading to Cozumel in Nov. on Constellation.  I am very disappointed that, as of now, a ship sponsored excursion is required.  I currently have reservations for Mr. Sanchos.  I will not cancel that until the week before if things remain as they currently are.  If it does stay the same, we will just stay on board.